• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Speaking at Driving Sales. Come Say Hello!

Dane Saville

Grease Monkey
Jan 31, 2018
First Name
Dane
I have the pleasure to be speaking at DrivingSales. It's my first opportunity to speak at an automotive conference, and I hope that any and all of you on this forum come by to say hello.

I'm speaking on Tuesday at 9:50 a.m. It would be wonderful to get your feedback, and, if you're choosing another session, it would still be wonderful to meet you face-to-face.

I'll be talking about how Relevance is King: how to build messaging and use the right platforms to create the most relevant marketing to your consumers to save money, build qualified traffic, and convert browsers.

Wishing you all in this community the very best.

Dane DSES.png

@Dane Saville love your passion and appreciate your dedication to the community, however - i moved this post to New and Announcements. Otherwise you would quickly be pegged for not following the rules. Be sure to post in a relevant category.

DM me next week after your session and let's discuss having you on a RefreshFriday. You have a lot of good stuff to discuss. ;-)

Nice work @Dane Saville!

Many moons ago, I used to write articles on this kind of stuff (the one below was published in AutoSuccess magazine under a nom de plume or pen name). Some of this stuff holds true, four years later.

Employing White Hat SEO Methods and Search Content Marketing
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/employing-white-hat-seo-methods-search-content-marketing-lau/

Content is King, but it has to be executed Correctly
The dynamic face of SEO has changed and will continue to evolve. It’s not that content has failed to be an essential part of solid SEO strategies; it’s become even more of a vital SEO component today. The impact of content marketing done right is irrefutable and in today’s competitive digital marketing environment, quality content publishing is critical.

One of the most significant components of any healthy website and potent digital marketing strategy is the incorporation of an on-site, seamless blog. A good blog is not only unique and targets a specific audience; it provides informative and relevant content that can be syndicated. Building content within your blog that engages will help your other important pages such as inventory, specials, and the homepage itself rank better organically. Sometimes providing content your audience wants to see first, can lead to a better overall conversion rate. Educational, entertaining, customer experience and community focused content all engage well.

Additionally, sharing quality blog content on social networks (organic and paid) is a good way of promoting your products and services. It’s widely accepted to have a 80/20 split, with 80% of your updates not self-promotional and 20% self-promotional. If you use the 20% self-promotional updates to share links to your blog content, you’ll give your audience something more valuable to read than a product or service sales page.

Blah blah...

@Dane Saville - how did your session go at DSES?
It went well! I was up against Sean Stapleton, so he definitely had a nice turnout. I had well more than I expected as a relative unknown (almost 30), nobody left, and a few people stuck behind to talk -- so I'm assuming those are good omens. DrivingSales is sending out surveys this week, so I'll have official confirmation on the attendees' thoughts.

I just sent you a DM as you suggested prior to DSES! I appreciate you checking in and following up.

Cheers,

Dane

It went well! I was up against Sean Stapleton, so he definitely had a nice turnout. I had well more than I expected as a relative unknown (almost 30), nobody left, and a few people stuck behind to talk -- so I'm assuming those are good omens. DrivingSales is sending out surveys this week, so I'll have official confirmation on the attendees' thoughts.

I just sent you a DM as you suggested prior to DSES! I appreciate you checking in and following up.

Cheers,

Dane
IMO, break out sessions (assuming that is what this was) convert well for most vendors. It's far more personal and generally smaller attendees. That said, I find it funny that plenty of "almost famous" automotive vendors cannot find these opportunities and it hurts their marketing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dane Saville