• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Stockwave/vAuto Cancellation

Dec 19, 2018
Awards
First Name
Bill
Random info, but if you choose to cancel one of these services, their out is not 30 days. It's a full billing cycle. So even though I canceled Stockwave on the 4th of April (and even though it isn't even working properly) I still have to pay for all of April AND May.

Reactions: ArmanM
Had similar issue with dealer socket who ended up charging me $600 extra and then took 120 days to issue a refund check but spell our dealerships name incorrectly, check keeps getting rejected, they sent 3 checks each the same and each rejected and its impossible to reach anyone in AR.

Reactions: BillKVMotorCo
Random info, but if you choose to cancel one of these services, their out is not 30 days. It's a full billing cycle. So even though I canceled Stockwave on the 4th of April (and even though it isn't even working properly) I still have to pay for all of April AND May.
Did you find a better alternative to Stockwave or just giving up sourcing through online auctions?

Well... it wasn't a big deal because I was mostly sourcing ACV. But then I ran into my last straw with them on a deal, so now I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
You lasted longer with ACV than we did. About a year ago we were buying as many as 100 a month through them. They kept sticking us in arbs with blatant issues. Down to maybe 5-15 a month and we'll sell a handful.

I'm ultimately looking for a better way to aggregate, sort, and filter online auction inventory based on a variety of criteria. I'm thinking I need to figure out how to make this software myself. Stockwave is incredibly buggy and Cox has exactly zero interest in supporting the product to make it better.

You lasted longer with ACV than we did. About a year ago we were buying as many as 100 a month through them. They kept sticking us in arbs with blatant issues. Down to maybe 5-15 a month and we'll sell a handful.

I'm ultimately looking for a better way to aggregate, sort, and filter online auction inventory based on a variety of criteria. I'm thinking I need to figure out how to make this software myself. Stockwave is incredibly buggy and Cox has exactly zero interest in supporting the product to make it better.
Yeah, surely SOMEONE already has a competitive tool. Just haven't had a chance to look yet. And yeah, Stockwave will never get better. Also why we are leaving vAuto.