• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Suggestions for Grassroots Marketing

May 13, 2022
Awards
First Name
Emmie
I'm new to DealerRefresh and looking for some advice or tips on how to best do my job! I'm the marketing coordinator at a local small used car dealership. We have several fixed ops departments as well. I started in the titles office and found my way here after successfully creating a few ads and marketing pieces for the owner. We've never had a a full-time marketing person before, so there are no processes or systems in place. I'm wondering if anyone is willing to share thoughts or resources I might use to implement a proper, albeit small, marketing department. What are some monthly or weekly exercises you use to create an analyze marketing campaigns for dealerships and garages? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Kyle Gage
Welcome to DealerRefresh! :hello:

I have 3 quick suggestions that would make an instant difference to your website performance:
  1. Since you're an independent and not tied to any particular website vendor, I would recommend looking into 321 Ignition or Dealer Inspire.
  2. Consider changing your "Customize My Payment" CTA text to "Explore Payments". I'd also highly recommend switching from Cox/ Dealer.com's digital retailing over to Gubagoo Virtual Retailing.
  3. Bury that Capital One button. You're missing out on countless leads by having that as your primary CTA.

I'm new to DealerRefresh and looking for some advice or tips on how to best do my job! I'm the marketing coordinator at a local small used car dealership. We have several fixed ops departments as well. I started in the titles office and found my way here after successfully creating a few ads and marketing pieces for the owner. We've never had a a full-time marketing person before, so there are no processes or systems in place. I'm wondering if anyone is willing to share thoughts or resources I might use to implement a proper, albeit small, marketing department. What are some monthly or weekly exercises you use to create an analyze marketing campaigns for dealerships and garages? Thanks in advance.
Em,

I came from a small dealer group and here was our strategy that made the VW store super successful.

Survey all employees to find out what non-profits and charities they support
Adopt a charity around their big fundraiser each month
Be Resourceful rather than using resources. (help with social media, volunteers etc)
Have them post on social, go live, and tag your dealership (you hit 12 audiences a year)
Doing this gets employees bought in because they want other employees to help when their charity comes up

If you have any questions shoot me a text 806-548-2468

Hope this helps

Reactions: Ryan Everson