• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Test Leads

Don't spend time Mystery Shopping your team. With Urban Sciences Sales Alert, your team will be notified daily which of your customers have purchased elsewhere. Armed with that information, your team can ensure follow up is stopped, keeping your team from wasted time. Now you have a list of customers that you can examine the follow up to better understand where the break down could of occurred. If you would like a demo of how this works, let me know!

It was just my response to Todd and hiring a consultant. It was my opinion on self-checking by a secret shop. I think it's a waste of time if one has a CRM and can review their own leads.

I think what you were talking about is the shopping of others. I used to secret shop others a lot because I was convinced there must be something I was missing. For me, I stopped doing that because I was making an assumption if I saw something new and creative it would resonate with online shoppers. The fact is I have lost the ability to even remotely think like an online shopper (and I would argue everyone on this forum has as well). If I was seeing something that was new and exciting it was because it was new and exciting to me. The problem is my lens and context for "new and exciting" is so far off any scientific standard for what an actual 3-year-cycle-online-car-shopper finds of value, that I can't insert it into my process without more data. IF I knew that store was using the same process for 90 days (and it was followed by their team) and it produced a lift in engagement, etc THEN I'd try and implement. This is what is most valuable about 20Group peers. Someone who will pull back the curtain and show you what they're doing WITH proof of success. I'd pull by my curtain for you @BillKVMotorCo...
We do a 'Steele Excellence' group get together quarterly. Done the mystery shop prior to the meet, crunched the numbers in sales/service/parts etc and reviewed as a group with your peers facilitated by a third party person who doesn't play favourites. Some hard conversations for sure but does help.

Reactions: Dan Sayer