• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Text-for-more-info solutions

Billfred

Boss
Oct 20, 2009
First Name
Billfred
So my GSM has hit me with the notion of implementing some sort of text-for-more-info scheme for our inventory. I'm personally aligned with Kershner's vision from earlier this year--mobile web and QR codes--as a long-term strategy but I can see the upsides to SMS-based methods (dumbphone compatibility and getting a phone number).

The real estate industry is blowing up with these outfits (no, I haven't been reading Joe's posts incessantly looking for nuggets of wisdom at all ;)), but has anyone expanded into the automotive realm? Am I doomed to writing 160-character summaries on top of our other VDP work to make some non-auto-focused setup run, or has someone mastered the art of decoding an inventory feed to take most of this off my plate?

We have a full solution for automotive SMS texting. You can use this for sales and service.

For an example, text 193358 to 89000 for a "text for info" response on a vehicle. There will be all the info on the vehicle plus a link to the dealer mobile web site.

We'll also be implementing QR codes shortly as well. Email me at [email protected] with any questions.

We use a company that integrated with our website company and the inventory piece works beautifully to our mobile websites. The traffic is incredible and now we are turning these customers into high converting leads. We have also deployed "send to mobile" on our service coupons and that is outperforming our inventory "send to mobile". We also use the texting software for direct and traditional campaigning. I am not sure who you use for your website company but look up BlueAuto Interactive, LLC ? Integrated Mobile Marketing & Advertising Solutions. They may already integrate.