• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The New Tesla Truck - What do you honestly think?

I wasn't expecting this - at all. I was hoping for something along the lines of a Hummer H2 and a Baja truck. It is growing on me, though.

I think the origami design is forced because they can't build an EV truck body-on-frame without being over 8,000 lbs. Going with this design took brass balls. Not sure how the cargo capacity is 3500 lbs. when a small quad had the rear end sag so bad.

The fact they're intro'ing this at 39k is impressive and signal a lot of progress on the battery production/capacity/cost front.

One thing that stands out with this truck is the fact most modern truck buyers won't take their new $42k crew cab pickup off road in fear of scratches or dents. This thing is basically a tank with 16" ground clearance.

Somewhat ironically, the tough thick skin of the truck demands the same from the person driving it - and that's honestly something I don't have.

The cyber truck is huge! ()

Reactions: Alex Snyder
Range anxiety is an oxymoron. 96% of US drivers tackle less than 40 miles per day. So if you had a Chevy Silverado per se, that could get 150 to 250 miles per charge, The Tesla truck would be irrelevant. I'm just scratching my head wondering when logic is going to overpower fantasy among many in our industry.