• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The question is to social media or not to what is your answer

benmynattnissan

Sled Master
May 19, 2012
First Name
Christina
I'm sure this question has been asked a number of times i went back four pages and couldnt find it and gave up so here i am being a LAZY BDC person on my spare time on a saturday night reading through this fourm and now I ask do you facebook twitter social media or not if so what are you tweeting booking to your friends and how are you pulling in the friends/followers

It's like any other digital property, you need to promote it within your customer base; like on your Website, on business cards, stationary, in-store displays, email signatures, your commercials, print ads and so on ...

You'll have to do some research on how dealers are using social media, and the type of content and interaction that they are posting. Unfortunately, there really isn't an easy answer, but it could be a promotion, photos of happy clients, employee bios, reviews, community involvement, etc.

Age isn't necessarily an issue. Even old people use social media. But you do have to evaluate is the equity worth the time away from something else that has proven to generate leads and business. Also, what are your competitors doing, and are they successful? There is no half way effort in social media. If you're going to pull the trigger, don't give up and let it sit idle. That could do more harm than good.

Reactions: 1 person