• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Thinking about getting the Motorola droid

ghen

Boss
Oct 14, 2009
First Name
call me Jason
I've been fighting the touch screen revolution for a while now. I've been a palm pilot lover for years and doing away with the stylus just seems like a fad to me. But what the heck, my current phone is dying and the only stuff on the market is touch screen.

The droid seems like the best option for me with a physical keyboard, tons of memory for music, and an easily hackable platform for screwing around ;). The only other contender is the Palm Pre Plus but it's not out yet on verizon.

Anyone have some current smartphone experiences? My choices are Verizon and Verizon so no iPhones.

Good friend of mine and his girlfriend both have Droids (the girl-version is the...Erisa? whatever it is..) and, I'm like you - I don't typically upgrade my phone with the newest stuff. That said...the Droid is quite cool. It can take DVD quality video as well - being a snowboarder, that's very, very cool to have while riding. I doubt you'd be disappointed.

ex-crackberry user, LOVE my Droid. Its not perfect, but it's 2 Thumbs up, way up.

Wait till you try Google Goggles and Google SkyMap and Pandora and FB app and GPS and EarthQuake app and newsreader wifi analyzer and google voice search and....

I luv it. Heres a nice comparison for you. They're releasing FLASH 10 for droid this month I think, which means HULU!

At a certain level it comes down to preference, I do think the Iphone is a sharp phone, and most my friends who have them are fans.
One thing cannot be debated, the DROID has a better video. I also prefer Android to windows, its much faster.
Droid is the phone Batman would have.:lol:

You might have to right click "view image" to see it better, it keeps shrinking on me when I post it here.

nexusone-vs-droid.jpg

Last edited:
ex-crackberry user, LOVE my Droid. Its not perfect, but it's 2 Thumbs up, way up.

Wait till you try Google Goggles and Google SkyMap and Pandora and FB app and GPS and EarthQuake app and newsreader wifi analyzer and google voice search and....

Google voice search is the bomb. I also think that google maps in car mode beats most garmins or other personal gps systems.