• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ThinkWithGoogle - Automotive Marketing

Brittany

T.O.
Jun 25, 2019
First Name
Brittany

Interesting Google article that talks about how "dealers need to move toward a 'tierless' marketing approach." (yes, I read that tireless too and thought Google was trying way too hard).

With points like "Auto shoppers do not differentiate between messages coming from the dealer and the manufacturer" and "Consumers — whether they are still in the research phase or ready to buy — want to have their questions answered with as little friction and confusion as possible," I thought you guys would have some input.

Interesting Google article that talks about how "dealers need to move toward a 'tierless' marketing approach." (yes, I read that tireless too and thought Google was trying way too hard).

With points like "Auto shoppers do not differentiate between messages coming from the dealer and the manufacturer" and "Consumers — whether they are still in the research phase or ready to buy — want to have their questions answered with as little friction and confusion as possible," I thought you guys would have some input.
:rofl: I'm sure FCA doesn't mind a tierless marketing approach - as long as they are selling FCA vehicles, they don't care which FCA dealer is the one to sell them.

I totally get the benefit of removing the silos and leveraging the consolidated data to make advertising more effective. I just don't always trust that the manufacturer is able to do that as most have a poor track record of doing so.

Reactions: Brittany