• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Thoughts about a Unique lead system

Khoi Diep

Push Start
Apr 19, 2011
First Name
Khoi
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and wanted to get everyone's thoughts on buying unique 3rd party leads. This would be similar to a lead that was created from your homepage without having the lead be sold to multiple dealers already.

The unique lead would be a client interested in an exact vehicle you have in your inventory already at a sell price that you have set.

How much would you pay for this lead? This would be for new car leads.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and wanted to get everyone's thoughts on buying unique 3rd party leads. This would be similar to a lead that was created from your homepage without having the lead be sold to multiple dealers already.

The unique lead would be a client interested in an exact vehicle you have in your inventory already at a sell price that you have set.

How much would you pay for this lead? This would be for new car leads.

How much would you pay me to drive traffic to your site?
Site Comparison of carevo.com (rank #886,143), usedcarking.com (#62,432) | Compete
</sarcasm>

Really Diep, what or where is your traffic?

Last edited:
We all pretty much work our butts off to try and not buy 3rd party leads. The chance of any dealer supporting someone who is trying to infringe on their SERPs or PPC spots is probably slim to none - especially on this forum.

The only 3rd party I use anymore is AutoUSA because it is a necessary evil to tap the leads from the top automotive sites like edmunds.com and kbb.com, etc.

Just sayin...

Reactions: 1 person
How much would you pay me to drive traffic to your site?
Site Comparison of carevo.com (rank #886,143), usedcarking.com (#62,432) | Compete
</sarcasm>

Really Diep, what or where is your traffic?

Hi Joe,

We just launched 2 week ago. The traffic will be there when we turn on our marketing. We need dealers to sign up for a good inventory of new car specials before we direct more traffic. It's a catch 22, since if we don't have dealers signed up then all the traffic I send to the site would be wasted since there are no cars posted.

We are in testing pilot stages and would like more dealer support as we roll out. It's free to sign up and post cars with us.

We all pretty much work our butts off to try and not buy 3rd party leads. The chance of any dealer supporting someone who is trying to infringe on their SERPs or PPC spots is probably slim to none - especially on this forum.

The only 3rd party I use anymore is AutoUSA because it is a necessary evil to tap the leads from the top automotive sites like edmunds.com and kbb.com, etc.

Just sayin...

I completely understand. This site wasn't created to compete with the dealer's own home page. I found that there was a middle market for clients that are out of the research stage and were in the shopping stages. We wanted to create a central hub for customers to browse their dealer's local car deals with ease. They contact the dealer that has the car and deal they want.

All of our clients have to register and be email verified before they can contact a dealer about a certain deal.

I've worked Auto Internet Sales for over 7 years and found out most 3rd party leads had very low closing ratio. I figured if I had a way to help increase the quality of the leads it would help the dealers greatly. What better way to increase quality than to have a verified email and a buyer that wants to be contacted regarding a car that you have posted from your inventory at the price you wanted to sell at.

I completely understand. This site wasn't created to compete with the dealer's own home page. I found that there was a middle market for clients that are out of the research stage and were in the shopping stages. We wanted to create a central hub for customers to browse their dealer's local car deals with ease. They contact the dealer that has the car and deal they want.

And how would that not be competing with a dealer's own site, inventory and deals? Why would I pay you to tell someone the same thing I am trying to tell them for free?

And how would that not be competing with a dealer's own site, inventory and deals? Why would I pay you to tell someone the same thing I am trying to tell them for free?

It would be competing just as much as cars.com, carsdirect.com or any 3rd party website out there displaying cars and dealers. The points is dealers pay for marketing regardless of where you advertise. How much you pay per lead or walk in is up to how good your marketing department is.

Our site is completely free for the dealers to post cars, we only charge once we have captured a verified lead to send you. The lead is even unique to just your dealer without being resold to multiple dealers buying leads. We actually pay for the marketing of our website and by the power of group marketing we direct leads to your deals.

Let's say you have 10-15 new cars in your inventory that are either old age, manager demos or cars you have specials on. Where else besides your homepage can you post these new car deals? Of course you post it for free on your site, but you still have to pay to promote your website and your own marketing.

Think of us as the new Sunday paper, where dealers use to pay so much money every week to advertise in the paper about all their new car deals. Our solution is just digital and a lot cheaper. We don't plan to replace anything, just a way to provide a higher quality lead to you and to help you market some of your inventory that needs to move.

Thank you for the feedback though.

"Our site is completely free for the dealers to post cars, we only charge once we have captured a verified lead to send you"
-- UNTIL.

So I as a dealer get to send you my dealers assets (inventory) so you can turn my inventory into a lead, only to sell back to me. Novel idea!

Why would a dealer do this again?

Sorry Khoi but what sets you apart form the competition?
What differentiates your website and lead capturing process from the others?
Why would a dealer be encouraged to send their inventory to a website that has no brand, no significance to the consumer?

A dealers inventory has GOT TO BE the most monetized product in the world.

Reactions: 1 person
-- UNTIL.

So I as a dealer get to send you my dealers assets (inventory) so you can turn my inventory into a lead, only to sell back to me. Novel idea!

Why would a dealer do this again?

Sorry Khoi but what sets you apart form the competition?
What differentiates your website and lead capturing process from the others?
Why would a dealer be encouraged to send their inventory to a website that has no brand, no significance to the consumer?

A dealers inventory has GOT TO BE the most monetized product in the world.

Hi Jeff,

You have a great site here.

The current model for most websites are either, build a list of all makes and models and then have a client browse through them and then create a "Get a Quote" lead and the lead is then sold to multiple dealers buying the lead. Dealers still pay for this lead but the closing ratio is not very high. I wanted to come up with a system that generates higher closing ratios per lead.

Cars.com pulls the dealer's whole inventory and charges the dealer a monthly fee to do this while delivering leads from their inventory back to them also. It's basically the same concept, except cars.com pulls every car. We don't want their whole inventory. Just the ones that they want to move.

Why would a dealer use our site? No monthly fee, No listing fee. A new avenue to market some of their inventory that they need to move beyond their home page. They have nothing to lose or invest other than a couple minutes putting in a VIN and setting a price. Our system does the rest. The lead that comes in is only sent back to them and not any other dealer. It was generated by our marketing and their inventory. If they are paying $15-20 dollars per leads that are resold to a multitude of dealers, why not pay the same for a unique lead that has been email verified already?

What sets us apart from other websites from a consumer stand point? Being able to browse through actual cars and actual deals instead of just building a car that doesn't exist. Be able to to not have to submit your information to a dealer or dealers until they find something they like. A place to search, sort, compare retail deals and lease deals in one place from all brands.

That's the thing thats against us right now. We are brand new and offering something that is a little different to get different results. We just launched and we don't have millions of dollars from investors yet. This is a test product and website to see if there is a niche we can fill while helping dealers get higher quality leads. We offer a service that would be beneficial to dealers signed up with us and be in our network.

Thank you for the great site and I hope to learn a lot from the comments and users of the forum.