ActivEngage Thoughts on using TikTok for your dealership?

BrendanHirstAE

Hanging Paper
Aug 11, 2021
First Name
Brendan
Happy Hump Day, Refresh Fam!

Does your dealership's marketing effort include TikTok? Do you, as people, consume TikTok regularly?

We want to know!

Recently, we started using TikTok for brand awareness, visibility, and just plain old fun!

What we find is that dealerships and, any company really, can benefit from tapping into this viral app for consumers in their region. It also goes beyond sales and lead generation and can just be a fun way to humanize your organization and possibly provide memorable content so folks think of you when it's time to buy a car in the future!

This is a recent TikTok of ours that just shows our office personality and people; and we have so much fun making them!

Let us know if you use TikTok in your dealership marketing efforts! And if you don't, we'd love to hear why and what content might make you consider the app!

All the best,
The Team at ActivEngage

I'll be posting this as its own but might be relevant here to. (Jeff feel free to remove it if you see fit)

Did a quick video on how you can actually automate posting from TikTok to Reels & YouTube shorts, a game changer if you ask me.

Content creation is already time-consuming enough as it is.

Reactions: BrendanHirstAE
I don't think TikTok is a good idea for dealership marketing! You will waste your time because this is more of a teenager segment. It takes a lot of time to succeed in this service, I felt it for my auto xloo. That's why it's better to use facebook or instagram and of course ad networks can help! In any case, you have many ways much easier than TikTok.

I don't think TikTok is a good idea for dealership marketing! You will waste your time because this is more of a teenager segment. It takes a lot of time to succeed in this service, I felt it for my auto xloo. That's why it's better to use facebook or instagram and of course ad networks can help! In any case, you have many ways much easier than TikTok.

Hey Nio, recently did a quick research on the topic.

#4 Demographics​

10-19 – 32.5%, 20-29 – 29.5%, 30-39 – 16.4%, 40-49 – 13.9%, 50+ – 7.1%. This means more than 1/3 of TikTok users are aged above 30 years old and this number is growing fast.

I remember the time when Facebook & Instagram were just for younger segments. Why not establish a strong account now, and capture the growth potential?

Its all about the content. If you have someone making TT native style content, terrific for brand marketing and can be somewhat successfully repurposed into paid ads.

If you don't, find someone who can make that content before you even consider it.