• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Trackable phone number vendors

BillH

Boss
Dec 17, 2009
Awards
First Name
Bill
Hello,

I have been knee deep in Brian Pasch's book, and I want to go deeper in trackable phone numbers. I'm looking for some input on what to look for/avoid and any suggestions on vendors. I'd like to move all the number under one roof vs. current use of various vendor supplied tracking numbers. Right or wrong?

Thanks!
Bill

Bill, you came to the right place to ask this question. We have some of the best and knowledgable talent in the industry here on DealerRefresh , and this is a topic that comes up often.

While I won't personally point you in a direction with whom to go with, I will recommend a few questions you may want to consider asking before you make your decision...

1. Who will actually OWN the phone numbers that you'll be using? <-- very important
  2. What steps are taken to be sure you're getting clean numbers?
  3. Who OWNS the data gathered from the customer that called the number? <-- customer privacy
  4. What's the turn around time after choosing a new (campaign) number? <-- need a # for that last minute ad
  5. Can the minutes included in your plan be pooled together?
  6. Is there a contingency plan for misprinted numbers?
  7. What kind of reporting / dashboard is included in the service?
  8. Do they provide a dynamic call tracking service for paid search campaigns?
  9. Do they provide call whisper feature? <-- quickly track where the call is coming from
  10. Do they have a mobile app or a way you can listen to recorded calls on your smart phone?

These are a few off the top of my head and a collection of questions from previous conversations and articles here on DealerRefresh throughout the years.

Hope this helps a bit.

From experience I recommend Century Interactive as well. I dealt with Toni Tiffany over there and they have been great to work with and the support has been great as well if we ever needed anything.

I also agree with Jeff's post about questions to ask!! Good luck!

I was going to stay silent in here as to not be an annoying salesman but figured I would at least chime in with some thank you's. Seeing positive feedback in a place like DealerRefresh makes this job fun.

Now on to the annoying salesperson part, BillH feel free to call me anytime if you would like to chat!