• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Tracking Someone Else's Adwords Campaigns in Google Analytics

Billfred

Boss
Oct 20, 2009
First Name
Billfred
File this under Things I Should've Done Long Ago, but here goes. We used to run AdWords campaigns in-house on our site, but now we use an outside agency for it. We've still got the old account linked to our Google Analytics account, but for the life of me I can't find where the traffic their campaigns sent is getting tallied. I've got their reports, so I could match up data if anything matched, but nothing's showing as paid traffic at all!

Anyone had experience with this one?

Could the adwords account not be sync'd with the analytics account that you are viewing? Meaning you log in to your old analytics account, and it is reading the traffic but since the 3rd party has a new adwords and analytics account set up and linked together it won't show up on your "old" analytics account.

Or they are just lying/fluffing their numbers..

Until you can figure out the syncing for the two accounts go to your landing page report in Google Analytics. Figure out what the url structure is for your ppc provider and then you can set up segments to analyze the traffic. Also, you might notice that even though your accounts aren't synced up properly you still get the keyword data from the ppc campaign.