• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Tricks for using QR Codes at the Dealership

Nov 4, 2012
First Name
Jessica
bigstock-Qr-code-Drawing-31320986-650x400.jpg
Tricks for using QR Codes at the Dealership

Raise your hand if you thought that by now QR codes would be a thing of the past...(now your coworkers are staring at you, aren't they?) I thought they would be. Especially, when I'd see companies using them in such horrible ways. Like, including them on their mailers and adding a line that read, "The first person to mail this in...." or, "bring this in for $5.00 off...."

But, there are those who use them right and find success. Well, in fact, there are a lot. Like many of you, I was wrong that QR codes were going away. They are actually on the rise.

According to a recent study, and kudos to smartphone adoption, QR code usage is on the rise and the time for any marketer to take advantage of this is right now. The report revealed that 19% of people surveyed in the US have used QR codes, with magazines attracting the highest percentage of users. TV and websites attracted the fewest, due to the transition from digital to digital not being as attractive as print to digital.

Read our full article here and leave your success stories (or gripes) below. Or, head over to the familiar QR thread that's been around longer than your socks.