• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

TrueCar down -27.43%

@JoePistell I had another concern about the Truecar commercial workflow:
1st - go to the dealer lot
2nd - view pricing after arriving

You can only view Truecar pricing if you create an account. This auto-generates a lead. That lead costs the dealer $300 even though the customer was already there.

Remember that salesman that weaseled onto everyone's car deal?!?

and now...

Google’s autonomous car division will be headed up by TrueCar President John Krafcik starting Sept. 15, an announcement that caused TrueCar’s stock to fall 5.3% on Monday.

Krafcik’s departure comes on the heels of news that founder, Scott Painter, will vacate his CEO position by the end of the year... more

Who believes TrueCar (as it stands) will be around for 3 more years?

"Krafcik helped improve a car company while at Hyundai and worked to improve car-buying for dealers and consumers at TrueCar,” said Claus, who is currently heading up TrueCar’s search for a new CEO. “We thank him for his service as president and are pleased that we’ll continue to work with him as a member of our board.”

I recall attending Krafcik's session for Hyundai a few years back at one of the Kain conferences. Since then, I've believe I've been exiled from ALL future Future David Kain events. Something must have went down...