• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

UCS POWER DATA EXTRACTION

trex79

Green Pea
Jun 16, 2010
First Name
Trevor
Looking for some guides to extract data from a RR/UCS Power system for a dealer. The dealer will not allow us to remotely log in and help them due to some corporate policy. In the mean time, no one there has a clue what to do so they have asked their UCS rep to help them. He apparently has no idea how to pull the data correctly as well.
We just need some basic sales and service transactions, but always end up getting incomplete files(missing fields/bad formatting). We do not have much experience with UCS ourselves and are a little mystified at how antiquated the UCS system for data extraction. If anyone has any pointers/resources, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The experiences we have had with polling when it comes to UCS echos the posters frustrations. As far as I know the only way to extract data is to have someone at the dealership manually push a dealer created excel file.

There are several formatting options available, we generally lean towards raw text as opposed to excel. The process of building reports is less then user friendly. Assuming you know the designations for each element you what, usually a numeric code, it's a matter of fitting everything into a report. You have a limited output width in UCS text files so you either end up with hard a to read multi-line reports or several reports for the dealer to set up.

Once the report is created they can be sceduled to run an produce a file on the local machine, but to my knowledge UCS has no built in capability to transfer the file off the local machine.

There are some canned (pre-built) reports for service. The S5 report, the S4 and the SF in line and card can all whelp get a look at some basic service information, though they are less useful then anything you could create in user programming and to my knowledge you are going to need to build reports for sales data.

Trex,

This is kind of a stretch because the info I have is at-least 5 years old. I've seen a few dealers use a product from Daysol. Our system shows that things were working fine and then Daysol just stopped returning support and sales calls. Not sure why as some dealers were able to continue working with them and some not. They still answer the phone, you may be able to get them to help.

http://www.daysol.com/dataextraction.asp

Their program ran on a schedule and transferred reports which you had setup and saved on your system.

Good luck.

Cliff

P.S. I can provide a couple of PDF docs on how we setup sales and service reports in function 216 (if after 5 years, that's still available to you). PM if you want them.