• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Using AI To Purchase Wholesale Inventory At Auction

MMR is starting to include option packages, that could make a significant difference in more accurate pricing. When option packages are factored into valuations, it gives a clearer picture of the vehicle's true market value, which should help with more informed purchasing decisions.

If there is a tool or update that has been launched since October 2023, it could definitely make a substantial impact on how inventory is bought, priced, and sold. A solution that integrates MMR data with real-time market conditions, option packages, and other key metrics like vehicle condition and regional demand could provide a big advantage.

Have you come across any new tools or platforms recently that address this? If not, it would be worth exploring what’s available to see if someone has launched something innovative to improve pricing accuracy. A tool like that could be a game-changer in helping dealerships make more informed, data-driven purchases, optimizing their inventory management and profitability.
My issue with MMR is their data has always been very 'dirty'. They omit a bunch of data and it doesn't take into consideration any vehicle which no-sold. Anything MMR has added over the years is a massive red flag screaming, 'this only helps sellers'. Look no further than the adjusted CR MMR. CRs are notoriously inaccurate and also known to be influenced by the seller. How are you going to tell me a vehicle is worth more as a 4.5 because the seller slid the CR writer a $100?

Current online offsite acquisition is like walking blindfolded through a minefield. AI will have a place, I'm just not sure how/where yet.

Reactions: joe.pistell