• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

vAuto Replacement

I have been with Dealers Link for

I am not with VinCue. I was before they sold and then it became more expensive than I could justify.

I don't know that this is the same today. When I was with them, whenever I noticed vehicles missing from a competitive set I could call VinCue and ask them to add that dealership. It took about 30 days of really paying attention and requesting dealerships to be added. Once that was complete, I had what I considered to be a pretty solid data set.

Another thing that VinCue did was track competitors market penetration. Of course they were doing it based upon the dealer's website, but we could see how many vehicles our competitors were removing from their websites on a daily basis. I believe we could even see what vehicles they were.
Did a demo recently all this is all still possible.

Reactions: Tallcool1
Longtime Vauto user as we had a 3 digit account number and started using it in 2008 and cancelled during the pandemic and switched to Dealerslink and haven't looked back. Yes, Vauto is more polished but roughly 3x more expensive. Dealerslink has had great support and I can certainly see why they continue to grow.

I have them on my radar. I have some prelim stuff to do and then I hope to set the demo up through LVL Up.
We did make the swtich to DealersLink in mid-April of this year. No solution is perfect...but I find myself missing very little about vAuto. Many things about DealersLink we like even better. Support has been top notch! DM me if you have any specific questions about our transition.

Vauto's market data is superior to Dealerslink's. Dealerslink lacks data; for instance, when you input 300 miles, not enough cars are displayed. However, when we cross-check sources like Cargurus, Cars.com, and some dealer websites, we find the same cars with the make, model, trim, and year. The pricing tool also has some glitches - upon reloading, the radius is displayed. Sometimes, we have to re-enter the vehicle mileage in the competition tab, even if we've already entered it in the fastbook x tab. I am not sure if anyone having the same.