• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Vehix introduces new pricing model for vehicle listings

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
This made it's way into my inbox. Unless you're in a heavy populated Comcast Cable area, you might not be too familiar with Vehix since Comcast acquired Vehix awhile back.

Vehix has connected dealers and buyers since 1996. We’ve seen the auto industry through many up and down periods. But nothing has compared to the challenges auto dealers have faced during the past year.

In this challenging environment, we reached out to dealers like you to hear how Vehix can better serve your needs. The answers were clear. Dealer’s want:

• A more cost effective model to reach in-market buyers
  • No long-term contracts
  • Flexibility to adjust advertising spend during each billing period
  • Organic, inventory specific, high quality leads

Vehix introduces new model October 1, 2009

Beginning October 1, 2009, Vehix will introduce our new model. Vehix dealers will receive all of the benefits they have received in the past including:

• High quality, inventory-specific leads from in-market buyers
  • Complete listings for all new and used vehicles
  • Up to 27 photos of each vehicle
  • Toll-free number to track and record phone calls
  • Comprehensive lead reporting and inventory management tools
  • Dedicated customer support
  • A more cost effective plan to help your bottom line
And more

Expect an introductory/transition phone call this week...

As a valued Vehix dealer, I want to share details about our new program with you directly. So expect a call from me this week. I am excited about these changes and want to help you easily transition to this new program. I’m confident it’s an ideal way to help you maximize your advertising spend.

Anyone else on Vehix and calculating a positive ROI with their services?

If so..are you looking forward to the new pricing structure?

Jeff - I have not seen a large amount of leads coming in from the vehix network. We have stayed on the program because we do TV advertising with Comcast which makes the package pretty inexpensive. The customer service has always been great but I don’t see how they will be able to provide enough volume to warrant and increase in pricing.

No, our numbers are small overall but are usually of decent quality. I'm sure it depends on your region. We too have stayed on the program due to some previous advertising with Comcast that made the package inexpensive.

I guess it depends on what they charge per lead on whether or not it will make sense to stick with it.

It does seem like several of these inventory listing sites are taking the Per Lead approach. KBB.com is doing the same thing with their new Dealer Showcase product.