• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

VinSolutions "Advanced" Desking? Already frustrated!

tomfohr

CSI Bandit
Dec 15, 2011
First Name
Tom
So we are in the middle of setting up VinSolutions as our new CRM and as part of their suite of products, we had opted to go with their "Advanced" desking after it was demonstrated to us along with website, crm, ect.

One of the questions we specifically asked was "We have have a particular proposal to compare lease vs purchase that is VERY important we continue to use since it has proven to be very effective... Will we be able to use this in your system?" and they told us "Absolutely! Not a problem" ...come to find out, that's not the case at all! In fact, you can't use ANY custom form for a Lease Vs Purchase comparison other than their standard A/B Comparison which isn't customizable at all as far as what is and isn't displayed (Doesn't even display rebates).

Talk about disappointing and a total case of over promise and under deliver from the sales reps.

The part I don't understand is WHY they can't use is considering all the information they need to fill the proposal (which is attached and VERY basic payment matrix) is already calculated in their desking platform. In fact, they even have you set the defaults in the desking settings that it should be able to pull the needed information from.

Regardless, I am SUPER frustrated now and am curious to see how much more of this I will run into as we move forward on getting this up and going.

Has anyone else had any issues like this from VinSolutions?

Customer View Proposal.jpg

I'll start off and say that I absolutley LOVE all products that Vinsolutions has. I just switched dealerships and convinced ownership to get the vinsolutions products.

I'll give you a true story about a vinsolutions employee. I had an issue with something in VIN, so I called my rep. Someone answers the phone, I ask for the person who answers the phone, they think I'm on hold, while I can hear everything in the background. "Its XXX from abc motors"...Our rep says "Just tell him I'm not here" This to me is unacceptable and I can't imagine what else goes on there as well. It's funny because when I implemented Vinsolutions here at our new dealership, we got the same rep, which I asked if they could change for me...I guess we should just wait and see.

As far as the buy/lease advanced desking tool, we have it here. After messing around with it a little but I am having a similar issue but we generally do all of our leases outside of the desking tool so this wasn't a must fix.

I would also like to know a fix for this for the future.

Maybe I can have a rep come in the forum and tell us "just tell him I'm not here"

I can't say we have had any problems with unfulfilled promises with Vin. But I made them demo anything I found important - they demoed a LOT of stuff. I don't count much on anything any software salesperson says that they can't show me and prove works as stated. Can't remember exactly with Vin, but I know I demoed 4 CRM systems and busted most of them for saying the system did something it didn't do. Unfortunately, unfulfilled promises with most software companies are higher the fewer demos and tests you do with them. That means the selection process has to be time intensive in order to avoid these situations. I think the time you spent demoing and testing pre-selection plus luck will determine how much more of these unpleasant surprises you will have.

As for your immediate problem, I know vin is in the heat of a desking rewrite to move off silver light, so I would highlight your concern to your VinPRO in order to get your report on the radar screen.