• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Virtualizing (P2V) a Reynolds box?

Jul 12, 2012
First Name
charles
I have this wild idea of virtualizing all/some of our reynolds boxes, we have intellipath, era, mail and vpn servers.

The hardware that reynolds sells is typically sub-par (imo) and I was thinking of doing this to save power and have more granular control over backups.

anyone done this? run into any problems? im sure it wouldnt make reynolds excited.

should be a pretty straight forward process.

Interesting..... I can tell you we are starting the process of dropping all of our pc's and running vSpace server on top of Windows Server 2008 R2 standard. We will be using the L300 vdi clients and in cases where we have older printer hardware, such as F&I, we will stick with desktops and allow them to use the vSpace software client. They can be purchased on volume for $182 a unit or about 9% off of the retail price.

We are using Dell Poweredge 2900 quad core xeon cpu's and 24gb or 32 gb of ram on each server, we are planning to run twenty users on each server.

Should be interesting, we have about 220 employees and around 155 computers. Early tests look great.