• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

We just built a new photo booth here are some pics

Todd, Looks great, but I wonder if there's a way to have the voiceover align with the photos? That way when you're talking about the features (power sunroof as an example), the image onscreen is of that feature. Would seem to add some continuity to the presentation and make for a better user experience if you were able to do that.

wow, lighting looks great, even on the toughest contrast color.

I think my only comment (and a small one at that) would be to test with a smaller aperture on the camera and see how that does with the interior shots. It will help keep the further away parts of the car in better focus. Will also help with the light bleed from the windows.

Chip-

Thats a request I have made to Dealer.com in the past...has not happened yet...

I've spoken with multiple video providers about this - there is no way for them to know what each photo is, so it requires a timeline editor to do things like that. FlickFusion is doing some cool stuff that might make it possible, but Dealer.com automates their process and I highly doubt they can tailor it that way.

Photos look amazing though. I agree with Chip on the aperture - toning down the white wall light on interior shots would make a huge difference.

Good point Chip. A smaller aperture would allow everything to be in focus (when you want it to be). This will require a longer exposure, so depending on how much light you have, you might need a tripod. Also, use the "timed" exposure mode, so you don't shake the camera when you press the shutter release.

There are also times where you want to isolate a feature or a logo so that it stands out. In that case, you'd want to use a much larger aperture (1.2 is great, but 1.4/1.8 or even up to 2.8) can produce some images with a shallow depth of field that stand out a little more.

Rolls Royce New York Auto Show.jpg

M6 New York Auto Show.jpg

Reactions: 1 person