• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Website dashboard

mattwatson81

Getting Refreshed
Apr 10, 2009
First Name
Matt
If you could build a website dashboard that shows you everything you want to know about your website in one spot, what would it contain?

Page views
Site Visits
Leads submitted
Appointments Set
Sold

Bounce rate?

Top pages hit?

What type of stats would you want to see?

Form Leads
Call Leads
Source entry
Keyword
Page views average
Click through path
Updates on new releases from my website provider
Features you have I may not be using
Google rank on my top keywords
Most visited pages
Click through rate
ROI
SOLD cars
Oldest cars 50+ days
Specials alert for each month to remind me
Top entry pages
average response time (I guess this would be plugged into the crm)

then it would be nice to store all my vendor back end logins with links to them in my backend of the website. Kind of odd but I used to have dozens of them. Maybe if you could have tabs for each major vendor and host the backend in your website backend. That would be slick. An API or frame it in. Either way I think it would bring value to your backend giving everyone an opportunity to login to one place to capture information for your website and all vendors.

If you could build a website dashboard that shows you everything you want to know about your website in one spot, what would it contain?

Page views
Site Visits
Leads submitted
Appointments Set
Sold

Bounce rate?

Top pages hit?

What type of stats would you want to see?

ohoh Matt.... a Stats "wish list". Hmm... how can I help Matt? I'll ramble a bit, hope this helps ya matt.

Rule #1). To view traffic by as appreciated by a car guy (not by an "analyst").

View traffic by Cars

• Make
  • Make > Model
  • Make > Model (sort by trim, by price, by year)

View traffic by Segments (SUV,, Minivan, etc...)

• Segment
  • Segment > Make
  • Segment > Make > Model
  • Segment > Make > Model (sort by trim, by price, by year)

Price vs. Traffic

• Summary or report of price requests (where price is used to limit search results)
  • Summary or report of Finance tool use
  • Graph: VDPs vs price (Y axis = VDP counts, X axis = price)

Management Alerts:

• Email mngt if any of the above is over/under its average (admin settings for "sensitivity settings" to reduce noise).

Overall Traffic by

• month
  • week
  • day
  • hour

Which units are sending me the most leads?

• All VDP's belong to a classes and segments. Report looks for leads sent by new, used, make, model, year, price range, segment (SUV, Minivans, coupes, etc...)

How Efficient is your inventory?
This one gets complex, I'll "explore the space" abit..

• Compare Search Request counts VERSUS # of units in stock.
  • Compare VDP counts VERSUS # of units in stock.
  • Compare leads generated VERSUS # of units in stock.
Why??
100 units in stock should out perform 10 units in stock by 10 to one. Scenario: Dealer has 100 Nissan Versa's and 10 Armadas. What if the Armada was getting 13 leads (at months end) and the Versa was getting 33 leads. Dealer SEES all the Versa leads, BUT, missed the Armada opportunity. Apply this comparison to Vehicle segments (SUV vs All, MiniVans vs All, Sedans vs All, etc..) This analysis can apply to VDPs as well. This can turn into a and end user cluster. Simpler is better. You'd need a simple way to display it. A heat map should be simple and intuitive: S&P 500 Map Heatmap Tools and Scripts - Main Page - Ashley Lab - Stanford University School of Medicine

Dead Wood Report

• Very Poor VDP metrics (relative to it's peers).

Annotate traffic graphs

• ...to connect any ad campaigns to traffic (dealer and manuf'er)
  • ...to record ANY site enhancements (marks dealer changes AND Matt's changes)

Traffic Bug
Icon with real time traffic stats located on sales managers desktop (near clock, clickable to see more stats)

There's a few gems in there for you Matt.

Last edited:
Widget based website creation tools.

I want to drag and drop a form on to a background picture, type up some text and drag it around.. Maybe drag in an embedded youtube video and resize it on the fly to fit the space I need... Drag in a countdown timer applet and set it to expire on monday... etc etc.

ohoh Matt.... a Stats "wish list". Hmm... how can I help Matt? I'll ramble a bit, hope this helps ya matt.

Rule #1). To view traffic by as appreciated by a car guy (not by an "analyst").

View traffic by Cars

• Make
  • Make > Model
  • Make > Model (sort by trim, by price, by year)

View traffic by Segments (SUV,, Minivan, etc...)

• Segment
  • Segment > Make
  • Segment > Make > Model
  • Segment > Make > Model (sort by trim, by price, by year)

Price vs. Traffic

• Summary or report of price requests (where price is used to limit search results)
  • Summary or report of Finance tool use
  • Graph: VDPs vs price (Y axis = VDP counts, X axis = price)

Management Alerts:

• Email mngt if any of the above is over/under its average (admin settings for "sensitivity settings" to reduce noise).

Overall Traffic by

• month
  • week
  • day
  • hour

Which units are sending me the most leads?

• All VDP's belong to a classes and segments. Report looks for leads sent by new, used, make, model, year, price range, segment (SUV, Minivans, coupes, etc...)

How Efficient is your inventory?
This one gets complex, I'll "explore the space" abit..

• Compare Search Request counts VERSUS # of units in stock.
  • Compare VDP counts VERSUS # of units in stock.
  • Compare leads generated VERSUS # of units in stock.
Why??
100 units in stock should out perform 10 units in stock by 10 to one. Scenario: Dealer has 100 Nissan Versa's and 10 Armadas. What if the Armada was getting 13 leads (at months end) and the Versa was getting 33 leads. Dealer SEES all the Versa leads, BUT, missed the Armada opportunity. Apply this comparison to Vehicle segments (SUV vs All, MiniVans vs All, Sedans vs All, etc..) This analysis can apply to VDPs as well. This can turn into a and end user cluster. Simpler is better. You'd need a simple way to display it. A heat map should be simple and intuitive: S&P 500 Map Heatmap Tools and Scripts - Main Page - Ashley Lab - Stanford University School of Medicine

Dead Wood Report

• Very Poor VDP metrics (relative to it's peers).

Annotate traffic graphs

• ...to connect any ad campaigns to traffic (dealer and manuf'er)
  • ...to record ANY site enhancements (marks dealer changes AND Matt's changes)

Traffic Bug
Icon with real time traffic stats located on sales managers desktop (near clock, clickable to see more stats)

There's a few gems in there for you Matt.

Very nice ideas! Thanks everyone