• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Website Increases Showroom Visits?

JR1980

Green Pea
Aug 16, 2012
First Name
Jon
We just got pitched by a vendor who claims their website can double our foot traffic to our showroom and wanted to ask some feedback on this.

I couldn't find much about them, but in the demo they show a lot of popups and offers, such as "like us for a free oil change" and that kind of stuff. To me, I would be annoyed and leave the website.

Anyway, I couldn't really find any hard evidence that relates webdesign & features to foot traffic versus a site from dealer.com or one of the larger vendors. Their "numbers" showed that average of 3% of visitors to your website come to your dealership, but they can get 5-10%, I just don't see the reasoning unless there is something we're really missing here

We just got pitched by a vendor who claims their website can double our foot traffic to our showroom and wanted to ask some feedback on this.

I couldn't find much about them, but in the demo they show a lot of popups and offers, such as "like us for a free oil change" and that kind of stuff. To me, I would be annoyed and leave the website.

Anyway, I couldn't really find any hard evidence that relates webdesign & features to foot traffic versus a site from dealer.com or one of the larger vendors. Their "numbers" showed that average of 3% of visitors to your website come to your dealership, but they can get 5-10%, I just don't see the reasoning unless there is something we're really missing here

JR,

That is a claim hard to quantify... but none the less it is comes down to how good/bad your current website is.

While I or probably any decent website company would never tell you that we can increase 100% of your traffic a salesman that finds a horrible website also knows that a well set website with the right calls to action, known contact incentives, etc will create more business.

I would ask them what is that makes them think their site would be able to bring such an increase in business and go from there.

If they are any god at least you will learn the bad spots on your current site.

I think that the main thing here is quality over quantity. A timely offer/promotion using social media for redemption can certainly have a positive impact on the number of people that go from website to showroom. However in my conversations with dealerships, I've seen that website leads from different sources perform very differently. It may be that offering a free oil change for a Facebook like will get that person into the showroom but will they buy a car? Maybe (depends on many things). Super important to test, measure, adjust. Appointments kept are definitely important but cars sold is the goal. Once in the showroom, we've heard that the highest quality leads (high touch points or naturally very interested) close upwards of 50% of the time.