• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

websites designated for sales people only?

Re: Salesperson Websites

What additional criteria are you looking for?
Will it be in a different language? Will it only be for one sales person or one for each sales person?
What sets this site apart from the dealer's main site?
Will it require live inventory?

These types of answers will help assist you in finding what's necessary.
Any development company can make a site to promote a person, but if you need inventory and more, then the consensus is you need an automotive specific company.

Like others have said, it depends on what you're looking for. A personal branding page, blog, or do you actually want live inventory listed on your website? Feel free to contact me here or on Twitter at @rdpatrick and I can point you in the right direction.

I'll be honest, I've seen a few sales people have their own sites. If you're looking for branding, get social. If you are looking for leads, get a micro site. I have seen a few with inventory...that scares me and breaks my heart. There are always issues with inventory feeds and display. Any place a dealer's inventory shows up that is out of control of the dealer opens up a ton of issues. :rocket: If you are actually going to but in the effort, you can to a small blog on your own. But before you invest and burn out, I really think you should start be being social...in the right ways.

Hi, Can anyone give me information on a good company to develop me a website specially for an auto salesperson ?

If I were back on the sales floor, I would no doubt have my own website / Wordpress blog. There's nothing more effective than personal branding (unless of course you're a complete asshole).

So so so many ways to brand yourself nowadays. Way more than what I had available when I moved over from service to sales back in 1998 - pre-blogging, Facebook, twitter, Tumbler, Video etc. etc. I had to teach myself HTML and how to use FrontPage. I personally took photos and uploaded each of every new and used car on the lot with my Sony Mavica MVC-FD85. I was utilizing AOL chat, and generic lead forms for conversion. I can go on and on.

My point being, there's so many resources and services available nowadays (FOR FREE), yet how often do you find a sales professional (or even service professional) truly leverage and utilize all the different Technologies and services available? I bet can count on 1 hand the numbers of sales professionals that have turned into mere industry rock stars by simply leveraging a video camera, a like video walkaround app, and a bit of courage to stand in front of the camera. Don't take that the wrong way, I'm in NO WAY discrediting these professionals. I know many of them on a personally and can attest to their level of knowledge and professionalism.

Another case in point - how many of you remember this "amazing up-and-coming" service called DealerMouth? This were a topic of conversation here on DealerRefresh all the way back in 2009. They provided websites for individual sales people, coupled with video and social media features.

Where are they now? According to their website, they're still on version 1.0.

I'm not saying they don't offer a great service or product, my point is how many in our industry go out of their way to invest in themselves? How many dealerships go out-of-the-way to invest in their own employees?

I'll stop ranting. Valerie, I guess you could look up DealerMouth and see what they have to offer. But if I were serious about this, I would be calling my website provider to see if they have any options available. if I hit a dead-end there, I would consider looking into a self hosted WordPress blog while utilizing a theme like this.

Good luck Valerie. And please keep the community updated with your progress.

Agree with Kelly and Jessica
Most of them will update it for a week or two. A month if you are lucky and then stop updating the site.

What you could do, is have a individual landing page, but a shared blog across all sales people.

This way, there will be new content on the site every week as well as personal branding for each sales person.

Agree with Kelly and Jessica
Most of them will update it for a week or two. A month if you are lucky and then stop updating the site.

What you could do, is have a individual landing page, but a shared blog across all sales people.

This way, there will be new content on the site every week as well as personal branding for each sales person.

That's an excellent suggestion.

http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f63/mistakes-not-make-here-dealerrefresh-2491.html

Here are a list of "Commonsense" mistakes you will want to avoid:
Me Too!
When replying to threads on forums don't go with the lazy "Me too!" reply. It adds no value to the thread and will cause other users to think less of you. New information is good; echoing is bad.

Hate to be that guy, but it's these rules that help make this community and forum valuable.

Game on Zeck Ford.
Zeck Ford Staff | New dealership in Leavenworth, KS 66048

afd0db2325d446a5b058e989d49a2222x.jpg