• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What Am I Doing Wrong?

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for all of your replies.

I know a lot more things need to be done this summer. As I have stated before, I will need to do a full inventory refresh by having better pictures of cars and writing up more thorough descriptions of them.
For the pictures, they are pretty difficult. In the front there are tons of cars coming through and in the back is on the junkie side. I'm thinking of driving each vehicle to an empty car lot for pictures since we don't have a suitable place on site. Is this ok?

Also for emails, when there is a phone number, I always give the number to a sales representative to give that potential customer a call. For people who don't leave emails and respond back, I just tried emailing a bunch of people who haven't gotten back to me, but I still have not received a response. At the moment, I am using GoDaddy for email management. Instead, I'm thinking I should use another email client for more professional emails. What email clients do you recommend for a Mac?

Right now, our site is run under Carsforsale.com. I agree with some of you that it looks pretty barren and that we need some more sprucing up to do on the page. I will try contacting them to add more information to important pages, such as the about us page, etc.

I will talk to my boss about running specific kinds of promotions to push cars out to make sales. Honestly, my goal is to sell 10 cars a week for the dealership I work at, so I'm trying to really revamp things to take them into effect.

For social media, I'm not sure if I want to move onto that quite yet. First, I think I'd like to work on refreshing the inventory, etc. and then I will move onto social media. This summer I will be definitely trying to turn things around for the dealership.

Does anyone else have any more suggestions? All of you had great ideas and I really appreciate the help very much! :)

Hi everyone!

...For the pictures, they are pretty difficult. In the front there are tons of cars coming through and in the back is on the junkie side. I'm thinking of driving each vehicle to an empty car lot for pictures since we don't have a suitable place on site. Is this ok?

Your pics need attention ASAP. YES, find a place that looks professional and shoot your cars there. Pictures sell cars! Your write ups are fine, no... they're excellent!

Tell your boss he needs a "hook" to attract more shoppers. Offer to make their first payment, offer to give them an extra $___ for their tradein, some sort of incentive to make that shopper commit.

HTH
Joe

Your pics need attention ASAP. YES, find a place that looks professional and shoot your cars there.

Joe

Instead of finding a different place to shoot the cars, how about making the lot itself better looking? Taking the cars offsite to a better spot will help the photos, but won't help the impression of the place once someone comes to look in person....