• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What Are The Limitations With Dealer.com? v. Rep Making Changes On The Site.

kcar

Boss
Jun 14, 2011
First Name
B
I have one site with them, not by choice.. (Manufacturer says so). We pay $1,600/month for ONE basic website.. For the price we're paying I want to know something because it's always been "unclear".

If I send my DDC rep photos/text and ask them to make a page do they technically have to do that? Let's say I don't have time to do it. Or will I get, "That's extra".. response. Since this is a "managed" website, and for yet alone $1,600 shouldn't they be able to make changes for me on the website if I just send them a list via e-mail?

Does anyone else have them make changes? Don't get me wrong I LOVE making changes, I've built own our Wordpress sites for our other stores. But I cannot spend 20 min uploading 5 homepage banners on my DDC site, their platform just doesn't move fast enough for me.

Talk to me dealerrefresh.

I have always gotten the "that is extra" or "I will see what I can do". Been with dealer.com for 1 yr now. Site performs very well, just very upset at the service I have received. At the end of the day, these sites all have a dealer.com logo on them as well. Would you think they would want to put out a top notch product every time. Like I said, if it did not perform the way it does, and I wasn't making my 3 switch in 3 years, I would lol.....

I can also tell you $1600 is more than we pay and we get the managed seo and some other things too.

Reactions: 1 person
I have always gotten the "that is extra" or "I will see what I can do". Been with dealer.com for 1 yr now. Site performs very well, just very upset at the service I have received. At the end of the day, these sites all have a dealer.com logo on them as well. Would you think they would want to put out a top notch product every time. Like I said, if it did not perform the way it does, and I wasn't making my 3 switch in 3 years, I would lol.....

I can also tell you $1600 is more than we pay and we get the managed seo and some other things too.

Same here.. Just wanted to hear the general thoughts, but thank you for sharing! For the DDC logo, I removed it, if I'm paying $1,600/month for a website, it's going to be my branding only. My one DDC sites also does great, but I know it could do better if I had full control, biggest gripe about me is I never want to stop improving..