• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

what do dealers do with leftover used key fobs?

Tony, we usually frown upon advertising and self promotions here in the forums, but how can I NOT make an exception for you!? ...as most dealers have boxes full of old keyfobs and keyless remotes lying around taking up space in the key room. I'm curious to what you do with them? Assuming you resell them.

I appreciate that Jeff. We can use just about any part in some way. Some we keep as inventory for our two locksmith companies in north and south carolina. we sell some of them, and the rest we use for parts for repairs and that sort of thing. We buy hundreds of parts a week and are always looking for more. I work with alot of dealers and am always hearing about the big box of keys that was just thrown out. I am trying to find a way to reach out to dealers and say dont throw them away!! We will buy them! Do you have any advice on how to reach a large audience?

Keyless remotes and owners manuals have a way of multiplying for some reason in car dealerships. At my old store, my parts department had an eBay store setup for selling accessories. We started listing the manuals and remotes there and was pleasantly surprised at how well they sold. Since we did not have a dime invested in the merchandise, it was found money.