• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What is the point of a dealer group - group level website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Gallant

Refresh Team
Apr 6, 2009
Awards
First Name
Mitch
Trying to figure the value of a group page and an effective way to make a win out of it. Any examples of good group pages out there? Is it worthwhile or a big pain in the ass?

I thought these ones looked good:
https://www.woodhouse.com/ (no clue who built it even after digging through the source code)
Used cars dealership Edmonton Alberta, BC & Yellowknife - great job of a consistent brand accross all sites and the group site

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated!!

I have a similar question to toss out there...If you have more than one top, would/do you post all inventory to a group site?

I've seen both: a landing zone of a group info and links out to each site (OEM or retail)
or
group sites ran as the main content host & lead generator.

Which do you prefer & why?

take 2 identical car dealer sites. One with 100 cars for sale, one with 1,000. Site with 1,000 units has higher engagement stats* but lower conversion rate**.

*Time On Site, # Pages viewed, # VDPs viewed, % Return Visits
** Shoppers treat the store with lots of inventory as an essential part of product discovery (a natural 'next step' from web shopping)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.