• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What % of leads are you converting from your website? 5%?

Shereef

Boss
Jul 24, 2009
First Name
Shereef
I hear all differenet numbers, and understand that the national average is under 2%. I have recently been working with dealerserve.com and they tell me their websites have a very high conversion rate, with super low pricing (350 to 450 monthly). I have been told dealers are paying anywhere from 700 montly to 1200 monthly, so who offers the best conversion at the best price? Look forward to hearing from the forum....Who is doing over 5% here and what provider are you using?

Forgot to put up a link to the most recent dealerserve site www.nissanofunioncity.com

Couple more tweaks coming, but a very nice site :)

Last edited:
I hear all differenet numbers, and understand that the national average is under 2%. I have recently been working with dealerserve.com and they tell me their websites have a very high conversion rate, with super low pricing (350 to 450 monthly)....

Shereef,

I went to their site and could not see any examples of their work. This left me to judge dealerserve.com's conversion skills as it's seen on its home site.

My summary:
WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. Shereef, You owe me 15 minutes of my life back. :flame:

p.s. You're here to establish your reputation to be seen as an authority. Work hard to improve your rep with Jewels of Wisdom...

Last edited:
Shereef,

I went to their site and could not see any examples of their work. This left me to judge dealerserve.com's conversion skills as it's seen on its home site.

My summary:
WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. Shereef, You owe me 15 minutes of my life back. :flame:

p.s. You're here to establish your reputation to be seen as an authority. Work hard to improve your rep with Jewels of Wisdom...

Oops, checkout www.nissanofunioncity.com This is one of their new sites....they still have a couple tweaks coming, and tell me that it can be had for around 400 monthly. They also have a killer new CRM coming out in about a month. Guess I deserved the roasting :) Next time I'll provide a link upfront lol. let me know your thoughts.....I have been at this 26 years, and I think it is one of the best Nissan sites yet...

Shereef

Conversion rate is an important metric, but it can be very advertising specific. For example, you'll always get a higher conversion on paid search opposed to display.

I've heard 5% is about average with successful dealerships. Most third party providers quote around a 12%. The real question is where are they going? Will you have to tear it down next year and rebuild or are they planning for the future?

I know someone is going to kill me for this :) but google has a tool that you can use to tweak your site for conversion. It's called Google Website Optimizer.

Go ahead and kill me....Im sure the bull in the China shop will appear on this. Have a great day!

I know someone is going to kill me for this :) but google has a tool that you can use to tweak your site for conversion. It's called Google Website Optimizer.

Go ahead and kill me....Im sure the bull in the China shop will appear on this. Have a great day!

Hey Ryan....how ya been? I agree, if you have your own custom site, Google has a bunch of tools that will help you tweak out some better conversion, but most dealers are in some sort of contract with a provider that controls the optimization....I was hoping to see more of the different website providers numbers...I know the numbers will very by location, brand etc, but when I saw this new dealerserve site, and heard how low their pricing was, I was amazed. Most of the other providers I deal with seem to offer cookie cut websites, and charge 600 to 1200 monthy...

Shereef

Ryan hit it on the head. Sites that will be successful in the next few years are learning from their users behaviors. Smart companies are leveraging their analytics to continually improve the site performance-- many manually right now (the cost to do it on a large scale can be prohibitive for the average dealer) but with tools like Google Website Optimizer there's more hope.

The real question is when third party sites will allow those codes. There are plenty of technical concerns to go along with the benefits.