• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What's wrong with my chat?

Tom, I'm with Yago- Mystery shop your Chat and look for issues in their response. I too use CC24 and we have a great success. Knowing the original question so key-but also you may notice chat is a great way for people to reach out for every pat of your dealership. Our service leads have grown dramatically.

Reactions: 1 person
Tom, I'm with Yago- Mystery shop your Chat and look for issues in their response. I too use CC24 and we have a great success. Knowing the original question so key-but also you may notice chat is a great way for people to reach out for every pat of your dealership. Our service leads have grown dramatically.

Kelly, is your store using managed chat? or are you handling the chats in-house? I'm always curious as to what type of results others are experiencing on their sites.

Anyone implemented live chat on their mobile sites?

So, we have ContactAtOnce! Chat on our VinSolutions website (as well as Autotrader) and we have their "Chat Receptionist" feature or staffed chat as you would call it.... But in my opinion, it is just not performing at all.

For Starters, Last month we received a total of 417 Total Internet Leads and delivered 44 Vehicles for a closing ratio of 11% (or if you take out the 107 duplicates an adjusted closing ratio of 14%). Of those 417 leads, 38 were Chat Leads. Of the 44 Sold..... ZERO were any from Chat. I've watched the script the Staffed Chat service uses and I think this may have a lot to do with it. I also understand that some of the chat leads may have already submitted a different lead type so they may not be receiving credit for the sale but I would think that out of the 44 Sales at least a few should be from chat.

Can anyone tell me by looking at these numbers or the anyalitics below if I am missing something or are they really just performing THAT BAD?

Also, if they ARE, who would you recommend as a replacement?

Here is the full stats off my ContactAtOnce! backend tool:
Performance Summary
CategoryMetricComments
Total Number of Chat Receptionist Requests79
Number Answered by Advertiser2
Net Number to Chat Receptionist Service77
Total Number Answered76
Answer %99 %
Average Number of Messages
Average Duration [hh:mm:ss]0:11:50
# Customer Name Captured42
# Customer Telephone Captured27
# Customer Email Captured38

Tom

The chat leads are coming from the same source as your form fills (Your website). It's fishing in the same lake from a different side of the boat :). You should see a similar closing ratio on the Chat Sales Leads received. Have you been using the service long enough for the leads to be completely worked? Is the source of the chat leads being measured correctly in your CRM? ContactAtOnce is one of the top providers so I don't think your concern would be the quality of the chats effecting the leads. Something about your chat lead volume seams off? If you are getting 379 leads from the form fills on your site you should be seeing a lot more than 38 chat leads. On the low end you should see at least a 40% increase (151 Chat Leads). I took a look at your site to see if anything stood out.

I did notice a few things that may help you after checking out the chat on your site. 1. CAO offers a proactive invite that I do not see being used? Adding this will increase the chat leads by a large margin. 2. CAO offers chat icons that have a call to action (Click Here, Chat Now, etc) that have an image of an operator. I suggest you select a better main icon (Adding the icon with the operator image and the call to action will improve chat volume). 3. You have your chat window set up to require a name before the chat starts instead of it going straight to a live chat window. Doing this will lower the volume of chats by a large volume. People use chat because it allows them to be anonymous until they decide not to be.

Make these few changes and you should see a large increase in leads from your chat, and if given a fair amount of time for your staff to work the leads you should see a similar closing ratio.

There is a lot of talk about close rate here, but I'm not seeing any discussion about appointment set rate. I know as internet managers we are mostly worried about close rates, but the most important stat you could be looking at to measure the success of your chat is the appointment set rate. If you were delivered 47 leads, which is a great number considering your site traffic, how many of them were actually sales leads and how many of them produced appointments. Is the appointment set and show rate similar to those of your other vendors? We use CarChat24 and have tremendous success. The service leads aren't delivered to the CRM, so they don't make our close rate look bad. They often set appointments for us which, when they show, close at the same or better than our other vendors. If you find that your chat leads that are being provided have similar appt rates and poor close rates, you'll want to find out what's happening at the store. If you find that the chat leads have poor appt rates, which is causing your poor close rates, you'll want to call CarChat24. It worked for us...

Reactions: 1 person
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Sachin,[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I have in house chat with managed backup for off hours. My BDC takes every chat they can while the dealership is open. However, having someone to set appointments at 2am has been great. About 25% of all of sales chats close in an appointment; another 35% result in an appointment within the next 2 contacts. I see higher set and show rates from our site than from Cars & AT.
A good script with a thorough understanding of the software and the objective of the chat is key.
[/FONT]