• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

When was the last time you put on your customer hat?

ryan.leslie

One of the good guys
Apr 20, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
Girl-at-Computer.jpg

I'm your potential customer and I just heard your radio ad, saw your TV Commercial, drove by a billboard, heard a coworker mention you at the water-cooler, or remembered your name from a classified site I was cruising during that boring webinar this afternoon.

It's Friday night, I'm in market for a car, and I'm thinking about going out to put my hands on one tomorrow morning.

For some reason I can't find a yellow pages ;). I Google your business name.

What do I see on Page 1 for your business name only?

(Log yourself out of Google and search for your name only. If your brave, or proud for that matter, take a screenshot and share it with the forum. Are your customers seeing what you want them to be seeing?)

Okay, so here is mine. I notice that my Google reviews score is still based on the 30 point scoring system. I read on Mike Blumenthal's blog recently that they are converting back to the "star system" I assume this will be a gradual roll-out since ours has not changed yet. I also notice that the phone number Google is using for our G+ Local listing on the right hand side of the page is our toll-free number. I'm reluctant to change this on my profile be cause I don't want to trigger any sort of re-verification nightmare such as Aaron recently wrote about. Thoughts?

google snapshot.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Here are mine. I did Duke Automotive then Duke Chevy, I got the same results for Buick, GMC, and Cadillac. We own the first page on all except with on Duke Auto there is a Duke Automotive in TX showing up. in Chevy Wikipedia about an engine. below what you cant see were Twitter, Facebook, You Tube Videos, our .net Cobalt site. We pretty much own page one for our name and name + OEM. I even did Duke Suffolk VA, own that too!

Duke Automotive Search Results.jpg

Duke Chevy Search Results.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Remember to take it a step further, what do you see when you Google your city name and OEM, such as Suffolk VA Chevy, or Suffolk Cadillac. Can't ignore that. Course I have one dealer showing up in my Suffolk Va Chevy search, he also happens to be one of my best friends. I am sure he is probably lurking and reading this with a devilish smile on his face!

Suffolk VA Chevy.jpg

Suffolk Cadillac search.jpg

Oh Bill - I wouldn't poke the google beast! From a marketing standpoint in a perfect world where you best friend is sitting by the phone at google to help you, of course a number change would be ideal. But this is the world by google's rules.