• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Where Can I Find My Reynolds&Reynolds Data?

Aug 28, 2012
First Name
Austin
I am consulting a dealership on some customized reporting for their entire auto group. I am relatively new to the DMS arena, and from what I can tell "ReyRey" has the data locked down.

My question for the forum is, does anyone have any advice/experience with getting automated data extractions from their Reynolds & Reynolds system? We essentially need data for Inventory, Sales, F&I, Parts, Service, etc. I hear that getting customer-centric data would be more of a challenge (due to the sensitivity of it), so that can be on hold for this first go.

Are there any tools within R&R itself that can accomplish this (remember: "automated" is key)? I know of the 6910 screen, Query Builder, etc., but am unclear on how they might help. If accessing the database directly is an option, I don't think that's entirely out of the question. R&R is of course trying to get us to subscribe to the AVID program (an automated downloaded delivered via FTP - the best option!) for a lousy hundred bucks a month. It's not a terrible price, but it's just one small piece of our needs.

Thank you very much!

Query Builder is probably your best (only) option if you're not going to be part of the AVID program. You can setup the Query Builder to export specific fields (exports to local folder). And you can set up the R&R scheduler to run the Query Builder automatically. It's not too user friendly, and it has lots of issues, but it does work.