• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Why aren't 3rd party lead sources easier to manage and more transparent?

ShepBiff

Green Pea
Jun 14, 2022
First Name
Michael
Does anyone use a source of 3rd party leads that provides a self service tool for signing up and management?

It seems like the entire process should be pretty transparent - similar to how Google Adwords works - however this does not appear to be the case. If it isn't - any opinions as to why that is?

Thanks.

Does anyone use a source of 3rd party leads that provides a self service tool for signing up and management?

It seems like the entire process should be pretty transparent - similar to how Google Adwords works - however this does not appear to be the case. If it isn't - any opinions as to why that is?

Thanks.

We have been dealing with this since the beginning.

What transparent information would you like to have included?

I'm wondering about the value added to a dealership by going through a salesperson (at the vendor) to buy/manage 3rd party leads vs being able to do it themselves via a self-service tool.

Google Adwords as an example is self service and utilizes people only to help advertisers optimize their campaigns (i.e. spend more money). If instead of creating ads you were bidding on leads - and you could see the conversion rates as clearly as you do in Adwords - would there be something missing from the experience that you usually get from the vendor's salespeople?

Thanks.
Why do you ask @ShepBiff? What is Sheperd and what is your product/service? I think the community is vendor-friendly but always good to give context to your question.