• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Ya Gotta Love DealerRefresh

I can honestly say that a major part to my success in the Canadian Automotive Industry is a direct result from reading and participating on the DealerRefresh forums over the past few years.

I remember "lurking" on the forum and having to work up the courage to jump in on a thread. Jeff welcomed me with open arms and I'm positive I haven't missed a day "checking in" to the forums. Most days I check DR before even looking at emails.

What has DealerRefresh done for me?

-
Inspired me to start my own blog Internet Marketing Tips for Car Dealers – The Dealer Geek after guest posting on DealerRefresh in 2010: Contest Burner - Run a Viral Social Media Campaign for Your Dealership
- Built relationships with Shereef to introduce the first chat service for Canadian dealers in 2010
- Learned more about online marketing from Uncle Joe, Craiger, Ryan Leslie, Jerry, Jeff, and Alex than anywhere else on THE INTERNET!

Funny Story: I had a dealer from Canada phone me once and ask if I "had his back" if he posted on DR as he was quite intimidated. After Joe assisted him with his question, he called me back to say he was officially hooked.

Dealers are always asking me how I know so much about helping dealers with their day to day online struggles. The answer is I've probably read that same question or struggle 6 months ago on DealerRefresh.

I will keep spreading the word north of the border. Outside of Mitch Gallant in SK, I haven't seen a lot of Canucks dropping by.

Thanks for everything DealerRefresh.

Reactions: 2 people
As a relatively young pup eager to learn any/everything, this place is a Mecca for me. My quiet lurking isn't out of apathy but the fact that I can soak up knowledge from you. To Doug's original point and from my vendor point of view, DR does a great job preventing sales overload but still offering vendors a voice for ideas and strategy.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: 1 person