• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Your listing on Google Places will soon be updated?

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
Received this in my inbox late last night...

Your listing on Google Places will soon be updated

Dear Google Places user,

Google will soon update your listing data on our consumer properties such as Google and Google Maps to more accurately reflect the latest information we have about your business.

We use many sources to determine the accuracy of our listing data and to provide the best possible experience for business owners and consumers who use Google and Google Maps to find local information.

Below is a summary of what your listing(s) will contain once it’s updated in the next few weeks. This will be visible on your Place page and listings across Google properties, but it will not be reflected in your Google Places account:

Mercedes Benz of Hagerstown
1955 Dual Highway, Hagerstown, Maryland, 21740, US
+1 3017332301 http://www.drivemb.com/

If the above information is not accurate, please sign in to Google Places. You may prevent any of these changes from being made on your Place page and listing by selecting "Edit", and then pressing the "Submit" button to confirm the correct information about your business.

If you submit data to Google via a feed, please ensure that the data in your feed is accurate and current. Note that you must update listing data in your feed to prevent changes from being made to the above listings.

Note that if you are an AdWords or AdWords Express customer, your ads will be unaffected by this change and will continue to display the listing information you have provided in Google Places. To manage your online advertisements, please sign into Google Places or Google AdWords

----------

Not sure if this means Google is making some changes to help with all the bad merging of business information or is this is nothing more than an email reminding people to get back into their Google Places page and edit your information.

I sure hope this is a step in the direction of allowing businesses/dealers to better manage their Google Places page.

This will be visible on your Place page and listings across Google properties, but it will not be reflected in your Google Places account...

I'm not that smart. Can anyone decipher this sentence for me? Does this mean the contact info that is visible to consumers WON'T match what is in the account? The more I read it the more confused I'm getting.

I sure hope this is a step in the direction of allowing businesses/dealers to better manage their Google Places page.

I hope that too, but I don't think that automated updates from scraped content that supersede the dealer's input is a step in that direction...