• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How are your phone skills?

I have a new coach who is just cracking me up with her perfect voice inflections and comments. I would love to find a candidate who would be willing to share some of their sales calls here. You'd get a little free training and the community can learn from your calls. Who's going to step up to the plate? Maggie is waiting to coach you, you're going to love her!

I have a new coach who is just cracking me up with her perfect voice inflections and comments. I would love to find a candidate who would be willing to share some of their sales calls here. You'd get a little free training and the community can learn from your calls. Who's going to step up to the plate? Maggie is waiting to coach you, you're going to love her!

DR community, if you don't take Jerry up on this offer you are really missing out. Best training we have ever gone through and well worth it! Someone needs to jump on this great opportunity, if you are serious about your phone skills, or realizing your team is sucking on the phone, then do yourself a favor and call Jerry!! He and his team are great!

Reactions: 1 person
As we listen to sales calls we come across other dealership calls that get butchered, such as service and parts. We have a service script, but I've never had a parts script until now. We will often hear a caller ask for pricing on a part, the parts department will give all the information and then disconnect the call without ever asking for the business. So I've decided it's time to write a script for the parts department.

In the below script you'll notice that I like to refer to the part as "your part" and I also like to ask assumptive closed ended questions. I'll have this one up on my website soon.

Parts Script

Greeting:

Thank you for calling ABC Motors, this is (your first name) how may I assist you. I’ll be glad to help you with that. Ask any questions you may need to ask in order to determine proper part.

Pricing:

The price on your part is _____, would you like to schedule a time to have your part installed, or are you planning to install it yourself?

• We Install
I’ll go ahead and transfer you to service so we can schedule a time to have your part installed. Before I do that, is there anything else I can help you with? One moment please while I transfer your call to service.

• They Install
Would you like us to ship your part or would you prefer to come in and pick it up. If shipping: May I please have the full name and address of where to ship your part? Would you like to pay for this with Visa or MasterCard? Get payment info. I’ll send you an e-mail with your shipping information, should I send that to your home or work e-mail address? Thank you for your business and please call us if we can be of any further assistance. If picking up: Would you like to pick up your part today or tomorrow? I’ll go ahead and set your part aside with your name on it. How do I spell your last name, and your first name is? Thank you for your business and I look forward to meeting you on (pickup day).

Availability:

• Available
Your part is available (do not offer pricing unless asked), would you like to schedule a time to have your part installed, or are you planning to install it yourself? See above “We Install” or “They Install.”

• Not available
Unfortunately your part is not in stock, but I can have one for you in (time frame). I can place your order now, would you like to pay for your part with Visa or MasterCard? Get customers information. Would you like us to e-mail or call when your part arrives? And your e-mail/number is? Is there anything else I can help you with today? Thank you for your business and we will be in touch once your part arrives.

Special Notes:

Be prepared to talk about the manufacturer’s warranty that comes with parts and installation. Also talk about your dealerships great reputation. Tell the customer why they should do business with you.

Reactions: 1 person
The top Phone Ninjas in the country are competing for an all expense paid trip to Digital Dealer 12 in Orlando this spring. Second place wins an iPad and third a kindle. Here's how the top 25 stand 2 weeks into a three month contest.

Ranking.jpg

These are all excellent scores and these individuals are to be commended for the effort they have put forth to become true automotive professionals.

After a week of educating myself on Green Screen, Adobe Premier Elements 10, lighting and many other odds and ends, I have created my first video using the above elements. This is the first in a series of videos that will be incorporated into our online phone coaching process. We're going to be releasing some nice enhancements to our software tool in the next couple of weeks.

So how did I do?

After a week of educating myself on Green Screen, Adobe Premier Elements 10, lighting and many other odds and ends, I have created my first video using the above elements. This is the first in a series of videos that will be incorporated into our online phone coaching process. We're going to be releasing some nice enhancements to our software tool in the next couple of weeks.

So how did I do?

This music is better for your next video and stays with the Ninja theme:

Kickboxer Soundtrack - Advanced Training - YouTube