• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How are your phone skills?

You want to see a glimpse of what phone training can do for you? Then take a look at how this dealership has gone from an average score of 1.33 to an average of 3.88 in three short months. 4 is a perfect score. This is what makes me come to work everyday loving what I do!

Preston_Superstore Trend.jpg

You want to see some improvement in your dealership? Then sign up for one of our webinars happening today or tomorrow: Phone-up Training Webinar

Dealer Refresh members get 5 free coaching sessions

Sad to say Carey is no longer in the car business. I am however looking for a new protege who would like to get some free training right here on Dealer Refresh. You just need to be willing to let us share your calls here on DR so that we can watch you grow. We'll have you sounding like one of these professionals in no time: True Phone Ninjas

Just e-mail me for more details.

Since Carey left Faulkner BMW, Tom has been the go to guy. We have been coaching him for the last three months and he just scored a perfect call. You can listen to it here: PhoneNinjas.com » Featured Sales Calls of the Month

I also asked Tom if he's seen an increase in his appointments and here's his reply:
"Hi Jerry -

Finally! A cookie call!! Thanks to you and Monica for all your encouragement. Last month I set roughly 60 appointments which is a marked increase from previous months and my best yet.

And yes, you may post my call to the wall of Fame.

Thanks.
[FONT=&quot]Tom[/FONT]"

We are still looking for a new Phone Ninja disciple to continue this thread. If you would like some free phone training for one person, please contact me.

Phone Ninja thought of the day!

So today I am listening to a call where a gal calls in to see if she can qualify for a car loan. The sales rep never bothered to ask her for her contact information since she only made $800 per month. She was working a summer job while looking for a better job. The rep just told her she did not qualify and dismissed her.

So here are my thoughts:

1. At some point she might find a better job and qualify for a car loan, why not get her info so you can follow-up down the road.
2. Give her your info so she has a contact person at your dealership so that when she has a new job she'll know who to ask for.
3. Dealerships hire people all the time. Suggest that she visit with on of the 5 dealerships this group was part of and apply for a job. I suggest this one because I really liked the way this gal handled herself on the phone.

Think outside the box when you get a phone-up that's not typical.

Phone Ninja thought of the day!

So today I am listening to a call where a gal calls in to see if she can qualify for a car loan. The sales rep never bothered to ask her for her contact information since she only made $800 per month. She was working a summer job while looking for a better job. The rep just told her she did not qualify and dismissed her.

So here are my thoughts:

1. At some point she might find a better job and qualify for a car loan, why not get her info so you can follow-up down the road.
2. Give her your info so she has a contact person at your dealership so that when she has a new job she'll know who to ask for.
3. Dealerships hire people all the time. Suggest that she visit with on of the 5 dealerships this group was part of and apply for a job. I suggest this one because I really liked the way this gal handled herself on the phone.

Think outside the box when you get a phone-up that's not typical.

Not to mention that we will never know if a parent might co-sign if we don't build enough relationship to earn the right to suggest it!

Great points Jerry and Chip. I can't tell you how many sales I made from example customer you point out here. Don't get me wrong, many times I was questioning myself why I (thought) was wasting my time with someone that couldn't buy a car but I would continue down the path of the sale and continue to build rapport. Too often they brought in a co-signer. Too often they thank me and told me I was the only sales rep that would give them the time of day. Too often the parents thanked me for taking care of their young adult and providing the time to answer their questions. We become so lazy in this business and always looking for the quick buck. We train our sales people how to close, schedule appointments - we should add customer service and proper etiquette training to the mix.

reality check.

I just went appliance shopping over the phone. The sales staff is every bit as "challenged" as we car guys are. It's a great experience, Give it a try sometime.

There is a real art for reps who work the phones. It begins as a internet search assistant ('cuz that's what they're doing when they call you) and then it morphs into closing techniques. The transition from search assistant into closer is what separates the good from the great and for most of us, this is what training is all about. Training is not here to turn you into a robot, it's here to improve your results.

Why do so many of my players fight this?

Puzzled in Syracuse.