• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Not to get on topic here, but what is the argument for ongoing phone training?
Does it take multiple months to train the same staff or is it an issue of turnover?

Video training or in person training has a benefit, but it does not get the job done. People retain very little learned. I have built my business on coaching. We listen to real phone calls and provide feedback within each audio file. It's also about accountability. When people know you are monitoring their behavior, they tend to take it more seriously. We have dealers who get good, then jump off the program, but they always come back, when they see their staff slipping. Training and accountability should always be taking place in any business.

This is why I had such a major issue with this whole sponsored article. The author wants you to abandon your traditional training options and take advantage of his free videos. The salespeople watch the video once and think that's it, but that's not it. It's about coaching! Most people don't get why I have had so much success in automotive, but those who have mastered my program do!

Video training or in person training has a benefit, but it does not get the job done. People retain very little learned. I have built my business on coaching. We listen to real phone calls and provide feedback within each audio file. It's also about accountability. When people know you are monitoring their behavior, they tend to take it more seriously. We have dealers who get good, then jump off the program, but they always come back, when they see their staff slipping. Training and accountability should always be taking place in any business.

I'm certainly not questioning the validity of training as a whole - I'm quite familiar with your program and absolutely believe in training.
I forgot about the monitoring service, which explains ongoing training and quality control.