• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Mystery Shop Time!

Didn't sound like that sales person was digging you too much by the end of the call ...

These types of check-ups are an essential requirement for any customer-facing personal. To reprimand without laying down a consistent training tract and process is only a temporary fix at best. Get the feedback, train on weakness and follow-up with a spot quality control mechanism. And the only reason why anyone would be upset would be if training wasn't consistent and policies were either lax or non-existent.

Didn't sound like that sales person was digging you too much by the end of the call ...

Let's just say I often have a love/hate relationship with salespeople. The hate me when I start holding them accountable and then they love me when I put more money in their pockets!

Jessie, I'll start working on your mystery shop on Monday. Busy day for me, so it may be Tuesday before I get the results posted.

Thank you Jerry. We ( the managers) love it. Just like Joe said :" If you THINK your sales processes are good, challenge yourself, get mystery shopped and be prepared for a real honest view of your operation from the shoppers point of view"

I will call you Wed morning!

Stefan,

Way to step up and allow Jerry to share the results. I don't know why dealers are afraid to do this kind of thing.

I threw the idea out to a few dealers and they didn't want it shared on the "internet". I guess they'd rather have crappy reviews posted on the "internet".

Best of luck in 2011!!

Cheers.