• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Advice on Craigslist ad posting services

Autoposting is done, its about time. <the rest of this post was edited out>

Auto-posting isn't done. We still provide automated postings for hundreds of dealers with a very high degree of success. It is a very complicated system to get around all of the ghosting and flagging, but we have been up to the challenge and continue to make it work. I'm sure other vendors are still having success as well.

Thats right, to autopost you must use "shortcuts" like not using the proper key words, not using links, using images instead of text when CL is a text based SE, etc.

So in the end even if you post, customers cant find the cars...

I will go head to head with your autoposting any day!

Joe, Very good ideas. Only problem is dealer.com cannot set up a pop up only for the CL referrals. It would have to be for all visitors to our site. I was thinking of setting up a craigslist landing page giving some type of incentive. only problem with that is every CL add will have the same html code and Cl might catch on to this. Kind of nice to link to each page VDP and have fresh text in every CL add.

Here are a couple examples of what we are doing on craigslist.

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe White
2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS Sedan Green

“Be sure to work the perils of buying FSBOs. “ What do you mean by this?

It looks like your CL adds are on a template. are u back off the less is better kick?

Those links are pulling up the cars on the mbmotorsports.com site. I guess I am wondering if there is a way to make mbmotorsports.net and have it mirror the .com. If the only thing pointing to the .net is the CL ads, you should be able to see the hits on the .net site and get an idea if it is working.

Yes, links can be done. with our system, you can have 20 links and 20 different banners per CL account so you can even track different areas for posting.

2010 Toyota Corolla LE Drive Home Today! Dependable! Come See Now! Great Commute

Notice that the banner is a link, we have a link to a form app, and another link at the bottom of the ad.
Besides the absurd number of calls that we create, with this links we usually become #1 referrer to the dealer's site after organic (even on top of Toyota.com in this case).

Joe, Very good ideas. Only problem is dealer.com cannot set up a pop up only for the CL referrals. It would have to be for all visitors to our site. I was thinking of setting up a craigslist landing page giving some type of incentive. only problem with that is every CL add will have the same html code and Cl might catch on to this. Kind of nice to link to each page VDP and have fresh text in every CL add.

Jesse,

The CL visitor wants to see the car your selling, if you make a CL landing page or a dedicated CL system, try not to kill the goose while your looking for MORE golden eggs ;-)

Are you sure that Dealer.com cannot make you a popup or message system that is referral based? Have you asked?

Another way to skin the cat is to look into a Chat system. Not only will Chat be your NEW all-star lead generator for your entire web site, while your shopping, ask your chat vendors for a custom CL app that'll serve up a special CL message or special CL offer. While your collecting estimates, be sure to explore the "hosted chat" systems. The costs are higher for a staffed chat system, but in my experience, the ROI is so high that it's a "why didn't I do this before" decision. For example, take a look at Sheeref's Car Chat thread and look at the conversion numbers and plug the lead % rates into your traffic stats.

Yet another way again is to find a pop up vendor that serves up custom offers. Our Jeff K is having very good results with his vendor. JEFF K. WHERE ARE YOU!

Yet another way is to find yourself a personal guru to build yourself a popup. I've had excellent results with Umer Farooq (a regular here).

HTH

Joe, Very good ideas.... Here are a couple examples of what we are doing on craigslist.

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe White
2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS Sedan Green

“Be sure to work the perils of buying FSBOs. “ What do you mean by this?

It looks like your CL adds are on a template. are u back off the less is better kick?

Jesse,

I lost my intern and didn't have the man power to man it happen, so my Homenet Rep (..sniff...sniff... I soon to be my... AutoTrader rep GAK!!) recc'd that I try CarGigi. Let me say that this is CarGigi's last month with me.

FSBO - For Sale By Owner.
CL is full of people that are selling JUNK. Tell me, of 1000 people that are selling a used car, how many people sell a used car because it needs to get fixed? Brakes, struts, CV joints, alignment, rubber, something is wrong, costs $$ to fix and thy want out.

re: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe White
I'd like to see your Complete biz name and address and how does this look?

MB MotorSports
Proud to be a Google 5 Star Rated Dealer
Shop with confidence! Look at some of our reviews!
"We found a casual and relaxed experience with no pressure"

"I had many unpleasant dealings with other ... I was very head-shy about going to MB Motorsports, but I had such a great experience with them! It was very refreshing! They never pressured me to do anything I couldn't handle, they let me look at the car alone and try it out alone without ..." - sliceoflife89 ‎‎- Oct 29, 201

Last edited: