• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

RedBumper Inventory Management - Time for Innovation!!

Interesting how RedBumper went quiet after the post from Ed in regards to posting his experience and being told it was still in "Beta"

They are Dallas based and I have met a couple of people involved with them. I had an interest in them from my experience with AAX. It was a clean program that worked well for the time. I thought that if he was able to reunite the same group of programers, it might have some real promise. When I learned that it was using Liquid Motors inventory management system, I lost interest. There are others that I like better. I know that Red Bumper was released before it was ready and dealers could appraise cars but it wouldn't push them to the websites.

Anymore updates from anyone?
Got a demo from them about a month ago. We use vAuto currently. The desktop version and the mobile app were what I got to see and play with. Everyone here most likely knows the different schools of thought when it comes to your inventory strategy -- more market based or more of a core inventory based on recent historical sales. I did like how it seemed to merge the two and they used historical data up to one year to account for seasonality (which definitely affects us in Ohio). Their market demand is based on cars.com search results. They don't have any merchandising (comments, pic, options, etc) for the original package of $1499 like Doug says. I did like their service drive and sold customer equity section that is an equity finder for your customers and it allows you to add parameters to filter and determine what their pmt would be with different vehicles, rates, down pmts etc. They had another feature that allowed you to define a competitive set, and their software will automatically update prices, up or down, depending on the market... Not sure how much I'd trust it though since I haven't seen it in action.

Probably the nicest thing about this product was their mobile app; it was really lightning fast and easy to use, compared to vAuto's app. this would actually allow our guys to use the app at auctions and be able to keep up. I asked about Bruce thompsons non compete clause with AAX, and it seems he only had a 5 year too

I would be cautious with this company. Very nice people they tell you what you want to hear and promise you the world but don't deliver. We signed up 6-7 months ago and paid for the App and still haven't heard anything. It was hard to get the program going, always having to contact them, "Hey can you train us." The software works and the services are priced right but there are better companies with simpler you could use. Just sent in the cancellation letter. I have the feeling they are trying to pump and dump this company to a larger player.

I would be cautious with this company. Very nice people they tell you what you want to hear and promise you the world but don't deliver. We signed up 6-7 months ago and paid for the App and still haven't heard anything. It was hard to get the program going, always having to contact them, "Hey can you train us." The software works and the services are priced right but there are better companies with simpler you could use. Just sent in the cancellation letter. I have the feeling they are trying to pump and dump this company to a larger player.
Wow! It makes you appreciate a company, like vAuto, with excellent customer service. I'm sure that Bruce Thompson did well when he sold AAX. Problem now, which big players are looking to buy?

Reactions: 2 people
:bump:

Bumping this thread since I've haven't heard much lately out of the community around RedBumper. They've approach me about advertising and contributing on the blog, but as you all know, I like to but a relationship and handpick our blog contributors.

So I'm wondering, anyone here on DR currently using RedBumper? What's the good, what's the bad, what's your opinion??

Comment away...