• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

share your videos here

Hello Everybody. I've really appreciated this site and the cooperative nature of the contributors that you don't always find in the "real world" of car sales.

I recently moved from sales to data collector/web content for my dealership. This position is a much better fit for me, having proved my worth after doing some marketing projects for my manager.

I'd appreciate your feedback on this new video I created for the 2014 Accord Hybrid Plug-In:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1PBpOMNguY

Looking forward to your input.

Thanks

Reactions: 1 person
Thank you sir. That's music to my ears.

Tim,

Food for thought.

NO ONE AT ANY DEALERSHIP WILL UNDERSTAND THE VALUE YOU BRING (aka how to score what your doing). If you've been giving the freedom to run with this, It'll be up to you to score yourself.

The single most important stat you want to obsess over is "How many shoppers watch this till the end of the video"?

1). Try to find a host that will display engagement stats.
2). Add "actionable overlays" on your videos go get your viewer to interact with your work.

HTH
Joe

Reactions: 1 person
Tim,

Food for thought.

NO ONE AT ANY DEALERSHIP WILL UNDERSTAND THE VALUE YOU BRING (aka how to score what your doing). If you've been giving the freedom to run with this, It'll be up to you to score yourself.

The single most important stat you want to obsess over is "How many shoppers watch this till the end of the video"?

1). Try to find a host that will display engagement stats.
2). Add "actionable overlays" on your videos go get your viewer to interact with your work.

HTH
Joe

----

Could you point me towards hosts that display engagement stats? Our dealership uses a vendor for their social media, which posts all videos on YouTube. I don't have ready access to any of the stats but should be able to ask for it from the vendor.

I like the idea of actionable overlays. I'll be doing another video this week and I can think of a few "AO's" to include.

Thanks, Joe!

----

Could you point me towards hosts that display engagement stats? Our dealership uses a vendor for their social media, which posts all videos on YouTube. I don't have ready access to any of the stats but should be able to ask for it from the vendor.

I like the idea of actionable overlays. I'll be doing another video this week and I can think of a few "AO's" to include.

Thanks, Joe!

2.5 years ago, RIGHT HERE on this thread AO's didn't exist. And... now that they're here, I've seen very little experimentation with them.

Here's the thread http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/share-your-videos-here-1068-5.html

nissan-u002520juke-20from-20the-20lafontaine-20video-20-20content-20delivered-20by-20lead-20app-jpg.1537

nissan-u002520juke-20from-20the-20lafontaine-20video-20-20content-20delivered-20by-20lead-20app-jpg.1538

If you add AO's, please post your work here, I'd like to see what you've done and send along your thoughts too!

thnx
Joe

Attachments

• Nissan%u002520juke%20from%20the%20LaFontaine%20Video%20-%20Content%20Delivered%20by%20Lead%20App.jpg
    Nissan%u002520juke%20from%20the%20LaFontaine%20Video%20-%20Content%20Delivered%20by%20Lead%20App.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Nissan%u002520juke%20from%20the%20LaFontaine%20Video%20-%20Content%20Delivered%20by%20Lead%20App.jpg
    Nissan%u002520juke%20from%20the%20LaFontaine%20Video%20-%20Content%20Delivered%20by%20Lead%20App.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 65
Here is what we were up to on Sat for a Camaro ZL1 customer. Done with an iPad in under 30mins from lead coming in to hitting send to the customer to respond to his inquiry. We've done a bunch of these but not too many from a driving point. And the customer loved it, said "very impressive, i love it" - looks like he has and some others, 25 views since Sat! (And of course I got to have fun with a ZL1 on a nice country road - damn its quick)

I know a GoPro would look a lot cleaner, but we liked the non-professional look like we just ran out and personalized this, which we did. We may get a GoPro and start doing more of these.