• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

MUD Advertising and City Twist Please EFF off

Dealers are annoying when trying to sell you a car, they are also annoyed when they have an idea that they want you to develop asap. We are annoying when we try to sell dealers stuff.

In the end I think it is a human condition: We must contact others to promote our ideas/service/product, others may not be interested at this time, like we care about that (both dealers and vendors)!

:iagree: - SOME dealers are annoying, and SOME vendors are annoying. You can't generalize that, not everyone fits. I work with many vendors that are not annoying. I am lol, and I agree about dealers wanting something yesterday; I was very guilty of that in the beginning with digital until I started learning more how it all worked. Its a condition of being in retail to help your customer right away achieve what they need, new car, flat tire fixed, etc. And then expecting the same in return.

Just like love, timing is of the essence.

Alex, we don't have a "puke" emoticon!

It is true that B2B or B2C is annoying when you just don't want to buy, period. And we all sin on this.

Dealers are annoying when trying to sell you a car, they are also annoyed when they have an idea that they want you to develop asap. We are annoying when we try to sell dealers stuff.

In the end I think it is a human condition: We must contact others to promote our ideas/service/product, others may not be interested at this time, like we care about that (both dealers and vendors)!

Just like love, timing is of the essence.
Difference is that for dealerships, we aren't cold calling (hopefully)... The customers have either visited, called or inquired.

CityTwist cold calls, and continues to call *AFTER* you tell them to remove you from the list, etc. Most dealerships don't do this because they don't want to waste their time calling a *dead* lead.

Reactions: 1 person
:iagree: - SOME dealers are annoying, and SOME vendors are annoying. You can't generalize that, not everyone fits. I work with many vendors that are not annoying. I am lol, and I agree about dealers wanting something yesterday; I was very guilty of that in the beginning with digital until I started learning more how it all worked. Its a condition of being in retail to help your customer right away achieve what they need, new car, flat tire fixed, etc. And then expecting the same in return.

Alex, we don't have a "puke" emoticon!

I lost my emoticons when I upgraded from Windows 98 back in the day, otherwise I would send you one for puking.

Difference is that for dealerships, we aren't cold calling (hopefully)... The customers have either visited, called or inquired.

CityTwist cold calls, and continues to call *AFTER* you tell them to remove you from the list, etc. Most dealerships don't do this because they don't want to waste their time calling a *dead* lead.

I'm not trying to defend CT, they actually called me like crazy so I would sell their stuff even though I told them a million times we don't resell. My point was that, with slight variations, we all pursue the sale sometimes to the point of annoyance.

So the guy from Mudd just called me, I about starting LMAO. He said, "I sent you a mailer the other day, I know we haven't talked in a year, and that we didn't have great luck the last few things we did (which were several years ago) but I thought I would reach out to you and see if you wanted to try this tax mailer".

Umm - no.

Is there a DNC list for these idiots?

Reactions: 1 person
So the guy from Mudd just called me, I about starting LMAO. He said, "I sent you a mailer the other day, I know we haven't talked in a year, and that we didn't have great luck the last few things we did (which were several years ago) but I thought I would reach out to you and see if you wanted to try this tax mailer".

Umm - no.

Is there a DNC list for these idiots?

Make a mailer with a Chevy lease special, make 50 copies, mail one every other day (cover 100 days) attention to that guy. Then have your front desk girl call him every single day at 8am and 12pm.

I think they will put your name on a "don't call don't piss off" list.

Our approach here at Mudd is to be persistent in demonstrating the features, advantages and benefits of our products and services. We certainly don't want to upset anyone by over-contacting them! I understand your frustration about being contacted too frequently, so we're developing a better system for respecting customers' wishes when they ask not to be called again. If you have any questions, or if you continue to have problems, please contact me at [email protected] and I will help take care of the issue.

Thank you!
Therese Kuster
Mudd Advertising