• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Lead Sources currently looking for a good one

carguysc

Full Sticker
Nov 4, 2012
First Name
Randy
Looking to add a new lead source to my mix to generate more traffic for my store. I am not really a big fan of leads for the obvious reasons. I have a few companies calling pitching subprime leads, but I would prefer new car and regular used car leads. I have the usual suspects cars.com and Autotrader in addition to mfg leads. What other companies are worth the money? I am in South Carolina if it matters.

Thanks

I think I am going to convince the GM to sign us back up with the devil, TRUE CAR for one. What do you guys think about dealix and car direct? I really want new car leads more than anything else. Just don't want to waste precious $$$

Im in the same boat, but im trying to focus more of our money towards PPC, I dont like being a slave to the 3rd party lead companies especially when most of them get there leads from PPC and SEO also. Cut out the middle man and get the same leads for a fraction of the cost.

I would have to say a huge no to Lotlinx... love me or hate me it's overrated by to many expert leaders that resale the product.
Build, optimize and create your own.
So many great vendors to work with here:)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reactions: craigh
Looking to add a new lead source to my mix to generate more traffic for my store. I am not really a big fan of leads for the obvious reasons. I have a few companies calling pitching subprime leads, but I would prefer new car and regular used car leads. I have the usual suspects cars.com and Autotrader in addition to mfg leads. What other companies are worth the money? I am in South Carolina if it matters.

Thanks

Randy - are you considering 3rd Party leads or are you considering adding a vehicle listing service/website in the mix?

CLARIFY what exactly is a 3rd Party Lead

I would have to say a huge no to Lotlinx... love me or hate me it's overrated by to many expert leaders that resale the product.
Build, optimize and create your own.
So many great vendors to work with here:)

Manny, not here to defend LotLinx BUT I hardly doubt a screen shot of ones analytics gives any indication of actual performance.

Let's agree that there are too many variables here to consider: actual time frame, market demand of each vehicle, displayed pricing, overall merchandising, no phone call tracking, no SHOW tracking. Also - the bounce rate on a direct to VDP campaign should not be considered an indicator of failure or success.

Now lets get back to Randy's question...

Here are a few resources from the archives here on DR.
3rd Party Lead Provider vs. HookLogic
Carfax now competing with Cars.com & AutoTrader.com?
Autoybytel, Dealix, AutoUsa, all three?