• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Has anyone done an Email Appending

Make sure your CRM can import the appended email address and update the record. Otherwise some poor soul will have to manually update the system (most likely you)! I would also recomend a data base cleanup and a NCOA scrub before you do it as well...look for a "One solution, all departments" tool.

Good selling.

Make sure your CRM can import the appended email address and update the record. Otherwise some poor soul will have to manually update the system (most likely you)! I would also recommend a data base cleanup and a NCOA scrub before you do it as well...look for a "One solution, all departments" tool.

Good selling.

Great reminder on data base cleanup and a NCOA scrub.

Would anyone be willing to send me some info on how much they pay per valid email on a data append service? We've been quoted $.60-$.65 per valid email and I'm trying to find out if that's average, good, or high (and if possible, who can do it for less).

We do it through Polk and our CRM administers it for us. Polk does a double Opt-in for email append and no one has more data than Polk. I have heard that AB is switching from Polk to Authenticom because supposedly they got better returns from Authenticom. However, we are staying with Polk. Some shady things with the Autobase switch:

A) Dominion who owns Autobase also owns Authenticom - so I don't know how much credit I give to their claims of better results. I think it's more of a case of cost for Autobase and a matter of getting business to Authenticom for Dominion.

B) I have had issues with Authenticom in the past, as have many others I know and EVEN Autobase before they were owned by Dominion.

Dominion Enterprises does not own Authenticom. Some of there businesses do use their services though.