• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Alternatives to Dealer Vault?

In terms of the accounting data- what exactly are you reffering to, what data are you trying to pull exactly?

Gregg - Looking to pull info from general ledger such as salaries; fixed expenses, chargebacks, etc. Some of the dealers I work with want to include that information in the reports my software generates. From what DV has told me, they are working towards that, but no ETA on a release date.

hey all...still struggling with this. Cant seem to get much help in terms of tech support. Does anyone happen to have a solid contact over there that they would be willing to put me in contact with?

Joining the convo late - if it is issues with ADP/CDK connecting to Dealer Vault then I would contact Tom Lempke - [email protected] - I have found that beyond user error in using DV - there are also issues in regards to how the vendors you work with use the DV feed. Namely, when a vendor accesses the data via DV they're not necessarily viewing the 'raw' data the same way you are looking at it via ADP. I have learned it more or less looks like alphabet soup.
The best way to tackle the data issues with ADP or other vendors when using DV is to pull the report via the "enhanced report generator" via ADP and then give that to DV as well as the vendor (hiding some info; leaving VIN) so the vendor truly understands what report you are wanting as well as what data they need to pull from the feeds.
Is it just ADP you are having issues with or another vendor?

As of a few weeks ago, we've been having a lot of issues with DealerVault. From what I gather, at no real fault of DV but because ADP/CDK is jumbling up the data going to DV (on purpose,) causing the need to frequently reset your DV account. Ultimately frustrating dealers, pressuring vendors to become CDK Certified and dealers making the switch back. From what I gather, the cost per feed / per vendor is somewhere in the $75-$100.

What's the average number of vendors a dealership is partnered with and needs to send data to? X $100. :crazy:

Reactions: Caleb Twito
Jeff, we've seen CDK locking some profiles linked to DV which is the reason for a reset. The monthly fees we've heard from vendors and even seen on their bills to dealers are quite a bit higher per rooftop for a vendor to get 'certified'.

What we have seen is those who actively participate in communication have been successful in stopping the profile disruptions. We urge you to have senior dealership management reach out to senior level representatives at CDK and ask them, why are they not allowing a chosen partner to have the access they were granted by the dealership?

What gives CDK and others the right to mandate to their dealer customers who they can or cannot do business with?

When talking to your CDK representatives it is important to state, as a business you are aware of the risks in sharing your data and you have fully vetted your partners of choice. Make a formal request that CDK stop disrupting your data flow to the vendors and partners you have chosen to do business with. Follow up your conversation with an email confirmation and request an acknowledgment and written reply.

Jeff, we've seen CDK locking some profiles linked to DV which is the reason for a reset. The monthly fees we've heard from vendors and even seen on their bills to dealers are quite a bit higher per rooftop for a vendor to get 'certified'.

What we have seen is those who actively participate in communication have been successful in stopping the profile disruptions. We urge you to have senior dealership management reach out to senior level representatives at CDK and ask them, why are they not allowing a chosen partner to have the access they were granted by the dealership?

What gives CDK and others the right to mandate to their dealer customers who they can or cannot do business with?

When talking to your CDK representatives it is important to state, as a business you are aware of the risks in sharing your data and you have fully vetted your partners of choice. Make a formal request that CDK stop disrupting your data flow to the vendors and partners you have chosen to do business with. Follow up your conversation with an email confirmation and request an acknowledgment and written reply.

@Patrick McKeever thanks for chiming in. It all makes sense to be and I would hope dealers stand up to CDK and follows the advice and steps necessary to push forward and help fight/prevent this crazy nonsense.

How many dealers are you seeing take the advice and stand up for what's right VS taking the path of least resistance?

This made it's way into my inbox yesterday...

Dear Dealer Partner,

It goes without saying, the automotive industry is certainly feeling the impact of the current push by CDK in their campaign to monetize your data as a whole. What needs to be celebrated and shared is the continued support from Dealers and the obvious pressure this is placing on CDK senior management. Not a day goes by that I do not hear about a CDK sponsored focus group or super user meeting that took place. In these meetings, dealers such as yourself are asking the hard questions about CDK's current tactics and then challenging the scripted answers you receive often times from the most senior of CDK's management team. The message to CDK is clear, these repressive actions carry with them a real cost, a cost measured in credibility, customer satisfaction and in the long run a real risk to CDK's market share. We are having an impact! This impact is measurable as we have seen a reduction in new dealerships being added to the list of profile disruptions. We also can report that steadfast Dealers are having success in getting CDK to stop the blocking of their profiles.

I personally want to take a moment and thank you all for your continued loyalty. Your assistance in recreating profiles is also a huge help in our mission to keep the data flowing. Your support has allowed us to focus our efforts where they need to be at this time, which is addressing the proverbial line in the sand- the December 31st deadline.

This line has been drawn with much drama and continued fanfare. Everyone wants answers and to that I can report we have made significant progress on multiple technology solutions. These solutions are currently deployed in select dealerships for beta testing and user feedback. As we have said before, we are confident we have a technology solution to these anti-competitive blocking actions. The challenge continues to be how we deploy the solution across thousands of dealerships in the most efficient fashion. We anticipate having a more substantial update based on current development and testing activities by end of the month. Please stayed tuned.

In the meantime, we want to take this opportunity to release the second video we created regarding CDK's anti-competitive behavior. I believe this video will help continue to build awareness around what CDK's current course of action really means to dealerships and most importantly the automotive industry as a whole. I have had many conversations with dealership principals asking what they can do, I address this within the video as well.

Click to view video.

As always, I welcome your calls, emails, and even smoke signals. Our motto is as true now as it was when we first started in 2002, we can only grow our business by helping you grow yours first. At Authenticom, we are all committed to the growth and protection of this great industry and providing real security from any and all threats.

All my very best,

Steve Cottrell
CEO & President, Authenticom, Inc.

Reactions: Caleb Twito
I see this going two ways, if they keep letting DV get their data feed without a fee or certification, CDK is setting themselves up for a lawsuit and if I was another vendor I would reach out to all the others and file jointly, anyone who is paying a CDK Certification fee should band together and go after them. The other way, is they will lock DV out and tell them to pay, they can only take the pressure from the other vendors for so long!

I see this going two ways, if they keep letting DV get their data feed without a fee or certification, CDK is setting themselves up for a lawsuit and if I was another vendor I would reach out to all the others and file jointly, anyone who is paying a CDK Certification fee should band together and go after them. The other way, is they will lock DV out and tell them to pay, they can only take the pressure from the other vendors for so long!

@Jlewis74, appreciate the thoughts.

Authenticom/DealerVault has been an alternative for over a decade for thousands of dealers and over 450 vendors to be able to work together in a secure and transparent manner.
In a letter sent to CDK executives, we specifically called out our position on data security due to representatives of CDK stating the current lockouts dealers have been experiencing are solely due to CDK believing we are a 'security concern.' Again, to reiterate we have tried to become 'certified' and have been refused. We strongly feel this conversation is one that concerns all parties across the automotive industry. In fact, we have offered to host Mr. Karp (President of CDK) and his team for a formal meeting regarding the nature of CDK's current actions. We firmly believe we need to develop a set of data security standards that abstains from encroaching upon the data ownership rights of dealerships. We have yet to hear back...