• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Carjojo Vs. California dealers

So basically these guys scrape sites and then add in their own discounts to your pricing and present that to customers.

Check out the article here.

Roaches. Plain and simple. I hope the courts in CA squash this and that serves as precedent in every other state they operate. If that doesn't work, I'll raise the capital to build the same exact app and give it away until his revenue stream is as dry as his soul...

I haven't worked on the dealer side, but I do find the business model interesting.

Does anyone think a site like this could be all around beneficial if it was operating in a more transparent and ethical way?

Simply put, no. Dealers need to focus on their processes, people and marketing...not trying to figure out how they can pay more of their hard-earned money to another third-party that just sells their own leads right back to them.

So I just visited CARJOJO and found my cars, and much to my surprise I see a price we've never posted any where else. But what shocked me most, is that I was asked to pay to reserve a car!!

CARJOJO LEGAL : Can you produce a contract where we agreed to allow you to access our inventory, monetize our inventory, post unauthorized prices, engage in car dealer practices in NY State and in Erie County without a dealers license, and charge our customers fee's they do not have to pay here?

These guys are sharp, but in my view are engaged in a very deceptive price advertising scheme (right now) and impose unfair usury fees to reserve vehicles, under the guise of a vehicle negotiation scheme type of service. That's what it looks like and I tell it like it is. Sadly I tested their service and it's an utter fail. I did like the info packet emailed to me, it's got good info and they serve a bit like a reconnaissance team reporting back to buyers - I got some good ideas from your tactics, and enjoyed seeing that.

Sadly, it's another website run by jackasses making a buck at trying to make dealers look like they are ripping everyone off.

The fact is CARJOJO is listing vehicles without permission, without accurate pricing and proves how desperate the times are and why certain California internet companies should have their servers thermite infused.

Last edited: