• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

More Ad Fraud...

Wherever there's money theres going to be fraud... On a smaller level, I see so many fraudulent or at lease deceptive online campaigns being run by either vendors or even marketing managers.

On a session with a Ford dealership last week. I found out that the agency running PPC ads was generating 2.3 X more leads than their total website (Organic, Paid, Social, etc...)

Of course stats, metrics and CPA was way off...in favor of said agency.

I was able to do a crash course for the manager so this doesn't happen again. He told me they have been doing business with them for the past year and a half... Poor guy felt bad because he doesn't know this stuff, and he felt he got taken advantage of ...

Or last year, when I met with a marketing manager that had the same cost per click in his Excel spreadsheet for more than 15 months in a row... Anyone doing Google Ads know this is impossible. Someone was making sure he looked great at his job...

Makes you wonder...

Reactions: C Dorman
Wherever there's money theres going to be fraud... On a smaller level, I see so many fraudulent or at lease deceptive online campaigns being run by either vendors or even marketing managers.

On a session with a Ford dealership last week. I found out that the agency running PPC ads was generating 2.3 X more leads than their total website (Organic, Paid, Social, etc...)

Of course stats, metrics and CPA was way off...in favor of said agency.

I was able to do a crash course for the manager so this doesn't happen again. He told me they have been doing business with them for the past year and a half... Poor guy felt bad because he doesn't know this stuff, and he felt he got taken advantage of ...

Or last year, when I met with a marketing manager that had the same cost per click in his Excel spreadsheet for more than 15 months in a row... Anyone doing Google Ads know this is impossible. Someone was making sure he looked great at his job...

Makes you wonder...

Literally seen the same things brother. Lot of snakes out there, leveraging people for something as simple as growth.

Pretty sad if you ask me.

Reactions: Marc Lavoie