1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

More Ad Fraud...

Discussion in 'Websites, SEO, SEM, Display, Social, Marketing' started by C Dorman, Feb 9, 2019.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. C Dorman

C Dorman
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Chip
  2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Mark Daniels

Mark Daniels
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Marc
    Wherever there's money theres going to be fraud... On a smaller level, I see so many fraudulent or at lease deceptive online campaigns being run by either vendors or even marketing managers.

On a session with a Ford dealership last week. I found out that the agency running PPC ads was generating 2.3 X more leads than their total website (Organic, Paid, Social, etc...)

Of course stats, metrics and CPA was way off...in favor of said agency.

I was able to do a crash course for the manager so this doesn't happen again. He told me they have been doing business with them for the past year and a half... Poor guy felt bad because he doesn't know this stuff, and he felt he got taken advantage of ...

Or last year, when I met with a marketing manager that had the same cost per click in his Excel spreadsheet for more than 15 months in a row... Anyone doing Google Ads know this is impossible. Someone was making sure he looked great at his job...

Makes you wonder...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. John.H

John.H
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    John
    Literally seen the same things brother. Lot of snakes out there, leveraging people for something as simple as growth.

Pretty sad if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alexander Lau

Alexander Lau
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Alex
    There's a business model (waiting) for anyone wanting to get dealers their money back from Click Fraud and you could easily start by white labeling tools like https://www.clickcease.com/.

Adwords Refunds Agent
    Our automatic refunds claim agent files reports for you every 2 months for Adwords credit.

Take a %.

#4 Alexander Lau, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019